We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
reviews: 9
Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

We arrived at the airport about 1pm on Saturday. I had read posts about the problems returning hire cars with the tank full so was ready for the difficulties.

The last petrol station on the superstrada and the one at the airport were unattended and neither accepted credit cards... cash notes only to be paid before drawing fuel.

With a bit of time on our hands I decided to try and find a place that was either attended or took credit cards. After trying half a dozen I found none that were attended but this one took credit cards:

Gestione Servizi Italia Q8

16 via Conte Fazio

Pisa

The road runs parallel and just South of the Arno, about a mile from the airport. There's several petrol stations on this road. The Q8 one is on the North side of the road immediately East of the railway bridge. You can see it on Google street view... search Google maps for Servizi & Gestioni Conte Fazio (don't ask me why Gestione/Gestioni has different spellings).

Only slight niggle was that the credit card only got authorised for €69 so having taken this fuel I had to put the card back in for a second transaction for the extra €8 of fuel to fill the tank.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 75
1. Re: Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

In fact, Q8 is the ONLY company that takes credit cards at all its unattended, self-serve stations at all times.

All other companies' stations only take cash or Italian ATM cards ('bancomat') when stations are unattended.

On the other hand, probably close to 100% service stations take credit cards when attended.

Upper Maremma...
Destination Expert
for Pisa
reviews: 22
2. Re: Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

I don't think so. I use my cc everywhere in Pisa.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 75
3. Re: Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

#2 read well my post - I was talking of unattended stastions when only the prepaid, self-serve mode is active.

I know full well that you can use credit cards when the attendant is there.

4. Re: Petrol station near Pisa airport that takes credit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 22, 2013