We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

send an email to the police in Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aalborg, Denmark
reviews: 9
send an email to the police in Pisa

Gypsies attempted to rob me and my husband on a bus from the Leaning tower to the airport. We were pushed and shoved into the bus door by 2-3 gypsies. Fortunately I felt a hand in my purse and yelled and hollered like crazy. Unfortunately they managed to grab my boarding passes. No big deal - except they were for Ryan Air and to get home, we had to pay €120 to Ryan Air to print our boarding passes again.

I was told at the airport by a police officer that it would take too much time to file a police report in Pisa, but that I could do this at our arrival airport in Lubeck. As we only had ½ hour before take off, I chose this option. However, the police in Lubeck informed us that we could only make a police report to the police in the jurisdiction where the crime took place - but we could make a statement about the incident to them.

I would like to send the Pisa police a report of what happened - for insurance purposes and because they need to know about the predators in their city!

ACH in Aalborg Denmark

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: send an email to the police in Pisa

See http://questure.poliziadistato.it/Pisa

NY
reviews: 69
2. Re: send an email to the police in Pisa

I think your complaint is also with Ryan for charging you for new boarding passes - they picked your pocket without even noticing it.

OK if you need to notify police for insurance reasons, but otherwise they know all about these thieves (not meaning Ryan this time)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 75
3. Re: send an email to the police in Pisa

A Police report in Italy can only be filed in person by the interested party or his attorney-in-fact. An e-mail would have no legal value and would be a waste of your time.

Upper Maremma...
Destination Expert
for Pisa
reviews: 22
4. Re: send an email to the police in Pisa

They are well aware of the situation, and they do their best to improve it. Unfortunately, the number of gipsies, beggars and delinquents in general has gone up a lot in the last couple of years (everywhere, not just in Pisa) and the number of police officers has gone down, with obviously upsetting results.

5. Re: send an email to the police in Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 16, 2013