We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Egypt
Florence to Pisa

Hello , I will be in Florence and want to see the leaning tower of Pisa .

What is the cheapest way to do so ??

Thank You !

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Florence to Pisa

By one of the frequent local trains.

Latina, Italy
2. Re: Florence to Pisa

Fare €7,10 each way. Train takes about 1 hour. From Firenze SMN to Pisa Centrale. Then short walk to the Tower.

Egypt
3. Re: Florence to Pisa

Thank you :)

Pontedera, Italy
reviews: 380
4. Re: Florence to Pisa

I suggest to go to Pisa San Rossore Station, is nearest to the tower then Pisa Centrale!

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
5. Re: Florence to Pisa

You'd have to switch trains at Pisa Centrale to get to San Rossore, thus making the trip a wee bit more cumbersome. Besides, we love the walk from Pisa Centrale to Campo dei Miracoli (where the Tower is). We love walking down Corso Italia (a lively street filled with lots of shops & lots of locals), we love the view of the Arno from Ponte di Mezzo, and we love Borgo Stretto (sometimes we stop for a coffee and a little cake at Salza), and we love making our way to Piazza dei Cavalieri, and then to the Tower.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
6. Re: Florence to Pisa

Well there is the odd train that will take you straight through, but most do involve a change at centrale. I agree though that the walk is a pleasant one and gives you a bit of a taste of the city beyond the Campo dei Miracoli.

aberdeen
reviews: 26
7. Re: Florence to Pisa

There is always the bus option also which i did myself a few weeks ago :-

http://www.terravision.eu/florence_pisa.html

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 27
8. Re: Florence to Pisa

@lovejumping: the terravision website only shows routes to and from Pisa airport. Do they have route to Pisa tower as well?

aberdeen
9. Re: Florence to Pisa

No they don't but the local bus does

:- www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

As you can see a single ticket costs 1.10 euro and you get them from just across the road in front of arrivals.

aberdeen
10. Re: Florence to Pisa

Oh and if you do take it don't forget to stamp/validate your ticket in the wee Machine on the bus.