We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa tower

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Pisa tower

Hi,

Please tell me what to do as I am late in booking my Pisa tkts to go to the top.I want to be able to save myself time and prebook them but did not ,as the visa status was unclear to me till day before. Want to make the trip on the 19th of October .Please advise how to go about it as the best option besides reaching there and trying my luck which involves a lot of time and no guarantee whatsoever.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Pisa tower

There is nothing else you can do. Arrive early, book your slot and while you wait go into the other buildings at the Campo dei Miracoli.

Middlesbrough
reviews: 3
2. Re: Pisa tower

Dont worry I have just come back and although it was busy the wait was only half an hour. Just book at the ticket office and you can choose which time slot you want and have a wander around whilst you wait. You should note that you are not allowed to take bags up with you and there is a safe place to leave them next to the ticket office.

Definitely worth going up but its not for the faint hearted!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
3. Re: Pisa tower

Go early so you can get your time slot. The later you go in the morning, the longer you would have to wait, possibly until the late afternoon or even risk all tickets being sold out. I think it would be much better to go and get your tickets at opening time, get the climb done, and move onto places such as Lucca.

Once you start the climb, make sure you get to the top first. Admire the view and take your pictures there. Enjoy the way down after you are done with the top. You will have to be off the Tower within 30 minutes so don't linger until you have reached the goal.

Not much you can do in between as mentioned. Just walk around, have a coffee, etc.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
4. Re: Pisa tower

Just wondering whether the ticket office to buy the ticket to climb the tower is within the tower itself? Or where is it located?

Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
5. Re: Pisa tower

The ticket office is right across the Tower itself (so not within the Tower). It's also the same place where you have to leave all bags in storage prior to the climb (you can bring your camera and that's pretty much it). You should have no problem finding signs for it, or just ask for directions.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Pisa tower

Sammy, thank you so much! At least now I know where to head to :) Rather than wondering around aimlessly.. plan to do that after the climb!

Latina, Italy
7. Re: Pisa tower

Mokomoko: while you are wandering around after the tower do visit the Duomo, the Baptistry and the Camposanto (all right next to the tower).

It is believed that Galileo discovered the theory of the moving pendulum by observing the swinging of the long incense lamp in the Duomo.

Hertford, United...
reviews: 101
8. Re: Pisa tower

Re. leaving bags before climbing the tower, does this include small handbags? We love Italy and have visited many times but, as a tourist, it seems utter madness to entrust your handbag to Italian security, based on our experience.

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Pisa tower

Appia,

Thanks for the info on Galileo.. We will definitely check those places out :)

Can't wait!

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 63
10. Re: Pisa tower

I took my handbag with me when we climbed the tower two years ago. I would show the handbag when you buy the tickets and ask them if you can bring it on the climb.