We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 3
GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Don't ever use GoldCar. I had to queue at Pisa airport rental desk for 1 hour 10 minutes. When i got to the counter i was given the hard sell on the extended insurance, even told i would get served quicker when i returned the car. Then they told me they sell me a full tank of fuel at their premium rate irrespective of how much fuel is in the car when i return it. Don't bother with these cowboys, it ends up cheaper to go the usual car hire companies.

124 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

I'd like to echo the above comment about GoldCar at Pisa. A complete bunch of swines who kept me in the queue for one and a half hours before pressuring me to take the 120 euro extra insurance "because any scratch will mean you pay a 1600 euro excess". The attendant then waved a series of other forms at me claiming that these were all people who had failed to take the insurance and regretted it. Concerned that they would find any reason to bill me 1600 euros when I returned the car I took the insurance. When checking my bill at the destination I realised they'd charged me 249 in total (on top of the original hire charge), which included the fuel. They never mentioned the fuel cost while I was at the desk. A disgraceful company - far cheaper and easier to use one of the large brands.

London
reviews: 64
2. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Similar experience here. Actual cost was almost three times that advertised on line. We were quoted a price for insurance without them telling us it was per day. Walked out in disgust and simply got a bus into Pisa, we eventually hired a car from Avis when we were in Livorno.

By the way I was told by another scammed couple that if you don't bring the car back with an empty tank they charge you extra. We have hired cars all over Europe but the usual practice is to return either with a full tank or with the same level that was in the tank when you received the car. Cowboy outfit - avoid at all cost!

High Wycombe...
3. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

i have just returned from pisa and had same experiance. i have hired so many cars at this airport and this is the worst start to a holiday ever. i refused extra insurance after 2hrs in queue with only 4 people in front and 20 behind. sure staff get commision on hard sell and are so rude.please pay a bit more and go to a reputable company. i watched other people go to hertz desk and where on there way in 15 mins. also was charged 126 euros for a tank of fuel they are crooks

Edinburgh
reviews: 138
4. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Totally echo the negative comments.

We waited 2 hr 45 mins for our car - our friends were served straight away at the Sixt desk. We paid 125 euros to fill a renault megane.

Pre warned by the Times I had already bought an annual world wide policy to cover Collision damage waiver and excess, my husband was told that this was not valid in Italy and that if he did not take the insurance he would have to queue to return the car.

We refused the insurance but I was incredibly worried that they would try to claim there was damage on the car so am relieved that it was signed in by someone this morning when returned.

They are a bunch of crooks and liars. I am never going to book through Auto Europe again as they choose to use them and will in future only use the major firms.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Never, never , never use this company! We waited 3hours on 23rd June 2012 with a one year old! Staff were rude, threw back the card when we said we would not pay extra, had to eventually pay another 360 euros for insurance.

They are definitely crooks and the website we used, Atlas.com should be ashamed of themselves, also jigsaw3000, will not do it again!!!

London
reviews: 21
6. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

A total rip off. €130 for a tank of petrol? We booked through car hire 3000. Will never use them again either for supporting these thieves.

London
reviews: 5
7. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Yes its all true , a crap company to hire from , DONT DO IT , waited nearly two hours for the car , no water in the washer bottle , no petrol but charged me for 1/8 of a tank and told me there is a garage up the road and even had the cheek to ask me to cancel my insurance and take out theres.

surrey
8. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

I agree with other reviews - don't use Goldcar in Pisa - waited last wednesday pm for over an hour when it was all booked online!

When we returned car on saturday pm - there was no-one to check car in as he had gone home at 5pm

So had to queue up again for another 30 minutes to get someone to come out & check car back in!

Same thing paid for full tank of petrol even for 3 day hire - returned it with only 1/3rd used

Trondheim...
reviews: 13
9. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

I agree with the above. We used them for our honeymoon and had to wait four hours at Pisa airport. Initially there was two people working the counter- but both people worked on the same person. Then one other woman showed up - so we got out hopes up that this would speed things up, but no - the other two left! Even though there were customers waiting! The woman was horribly rude to us and the whole experience put such a damper on the start of our honeymoon. We used them 17th June 2012. We have the name of the woman who didn't know much about customer services and will definitively be complaining. We were hit with INsurance and petrol premium and when we questioned this she said something like "Every day I have people complaining every day, I am so sick off it!" Don't whinge to us - there's a reason people are complaining, it's because your service and your information just isn't good enough!

Rant over- just don't use them. Better off with Avis or Hertz - who cleared their queues in much less time even though they had many many many more customers!

NY
reviews: 72
10. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

T/A's tell it like it is - especially "cowboys", "thieves", "crooks" "crap company" and "swines" although those adjectives might insult both swines and cowboys.

Reply to: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted