We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Car Rental - Pisa

We are a couple of Canadian oldies who plan to rent a small car at the Pisa airport for a week in October. Best rate we have found is for a Fiat Panda from Kemwel. Rate is better than Autoeurope. Is this company ok? Anything to watch for? Also, is this car reasonably safe for touring some of the backroads in Tuscany? We are not familiar with a Fiat Panda

Thanks for any help.

Randal

South Australia
reviews: 15
1. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

Did you check www.auto-europe.co.uk

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the UK site for Auto-Europe and found that I could save substantially compared to the Kemwel site! I appreciate your advise.

R

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
3. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

A FIAT Panda is a very small car. I usually get one step up, the Punto. When you rent, you specify a class and you may not get the exact car. Here is some info about car rental that may be helpful to you. I got a Citroen instead of the Panda I expected once. It was fine for driving around.

…blogspot.com/2011/01/driving-in-italy-car-c…

TAB

Edited: 11:24 pm, March 07, 2012
Calgary, Canada
4. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

Thank you TAB down there in Salt Lake - for the Fiat Punto suggestion, and for the photos. Most helpful! I went on line and lerned that the Punto is only about 10GBP per week more than the Panda so we plan to rent the Punto.

Thanks again.

Randal

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

WARNING: Do NOT useDollar Rent-a-Car/ AutoEurope

They will SCAM you out of hundreds of Euros!!!!

I was recently in Italy and am currently still waging a battle with the company over a fraudulent charge for "damages" that is over 800 Euros.

DO NOT RENT WITH THEM! Save yourself the peace of mind. They are dishonest and do not stand behind their name or policies.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
6. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

LCAK:

Posting the same message more than once is spam.

Calgary, Canada
7. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

Thank you LCAK. I appreciate your help.

Boston...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

LCAK, Autoeuropa is an Italian rental car company. Autoeurope is a large US car rental broker/agent. Please rant with precision.

Edited: 3:48 pm, April 29, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 81
9. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

I don't know if LCAK is talking about Autoeurope (legit) or Autoeuropa (many poor feedback). If it's Autoeurope, then it's probably non-sense in my opinion as I (any many others here) have used Autoeurope's service and have nothing but good things to say. There are many factors that go into a pleasant rental experience.

Anyway, make sure the rate you are getting from Autoeurope.com, Autoeurope.co.uk, and Kemwel are compatible. Their insurance coverage and other conditions might differ so make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

reviews: 3
10. Re: Car Rental - Pisa

Do not rent with Advantage in Pisa. Have been standing here now for 1 hour and have probably another hour to go. Totally inadequate capacity in terms of staff. Pay extra and go with Hertz etc. Shocking stuff.