We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to beaches from Pisa?

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
How to get to beaches from Pisa?

I am looking to go to Pisa in mid-August and am wondering how easy and what transport links there are between the centre of Pisa to beaches in the surrounding areas?

Florence, Italy
reviews: 18
1. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

You can get a train from Pisa directly and easily to most Tuscan beaches.

Viareggio is only 15 minutes away. Forte dei Marmi, which is a bit more upscale is 30 mins away.

A little further south of Livorno there are a range of beaches, many of them much nicer I find than Viareggio. My favourite of the closer beach towns is Castiglioncello (though it's mostly large rocks to dive off, rather than sand). The town is lovely, and the train station is right there in the centre so you can go anywhere by foot from there. It's about 35-40 mins from Pisa.

You can check connections and schedules here: www.ferroviedellostato.it/

pisa
reviews: 8
2. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

my preferred sandy beach close to pisa is marina di vecchiano, reachable by bus or, better, by car...if you love nature, is wonderful...see: marinadivecchiano.it/inglese/servizituristic…

cheers

silvia

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
3. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

always train to www.viareggio.it

for a couple of euro lots of nice beach options there

including wonderful hotels of all types

Gouda, The...
reviews: 20
4. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

silvietta09 , are the beaches of marina di vecchiano free?

Florence, Italy
reviews: 18
5. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

At marina di vecchiano you'll find both free beach and "equipped" (paying) beach.

pisa
6. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

in marina di vecchiano the beach is mainly free: in 3km only 3equipped...in any case, eccept the saturdays and sundays, you'll always find places in both...

cheers

silvia

Gouda, The...
7. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

Is it possible to park in Marina di Vecchiano on a weekday? Their website give the parking information only in italian. Does it cost 25 euro?? Or is that a permit for a year?? I don't mind to pay for parking as long as it is a reasanoble amount.

pisa
8. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

irboke, park in marina di vecchiano costed last year 1.5euros/hour, 4euros/half a day, 8euros/day. i know that this year it costs 5euros/half a day. i don't know about the other prices...in any case, i hope yuo'll come to enjoy such a wonderful beach...when will you come??

cheers

silvia

Gouda, The...
9. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

Those prices are not a problem. We are used to these prices (and even higher) here in the Netherlands.

In 10 days we are leaving for a 3 week holiday in Tuscany. Looking forward to it!!!

pisa
10. Re: How to get to beaches from Pisa?

so, have lot of fun and enjoy tuscany...if you need more help, please contact me!!

cheers

silvia.ceriegi@alice.it