We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

I am a single parent travelling with my 17 and 10 yr old. Flying into Pisa departing from Rome for 6 nights. Trying to decide how long we stay and where.

Is 1 night enough in Pisa, then 1 Florence, then Sienna and 3 days Rome. Suggestions please. Also, reasonably priced food for kids, with the Italian Experience.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
1. Re: How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

Personally think 1 night is more than enough for Pisa, apart from the leaning Tower ,and the Piazza dei Miracoli, which are beautiful, the area is a little tacky with stalls galore selling little plastic Towers, there really is not a lot else,

UK
reviews: 54
2. Re: How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

This a tall order to see four cities in six nights.

That said I would see the Leaning Tower quickly and head for Florence where I would stay a minimum of two nights, followed by a minimum of three nights in Rome. Depending on your flight times increase your overnight stay at these cities or overnight in Pisa or Siena en route.

Cordoba, Spain
reviews: 2
3. Re: How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

I'd miss one night in Pisa for sure, as stated above, not a lot to see apart from the Tower and Baptisterio area.

If I were to choose between one night Siena and one Firenze or two nights in Firenze I'd probably go for two nights in Firenze. However I enjoyed wandering around and getting lost in narrow Siena streets. Besides, Il Duomo de Siena is smaller than Firenze's from, the outside but hugely richer inside. It's worth a visit.

>Rgds

Lancashire
4. Re: How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

Thankyou so much for this, quick visit to pisa and onto florence

5. Re: How long should I stay in Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 15, 2009