We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Designer outlets

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
richmond va
reviews: 3
Designer outlets

Information about Italian clothing designer outlets is confusing. Am I correct that there are no individual shops but a large "outlet mall." I assume this is like US outlet malls with mostly made for the outlet items rather than seconds or overruns.

Can anyone relate successes with shopping and/or best bets?

How far from Lucca? We will have a car, is it best to drive?

Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Designer outlets

The Mall is about 2 hours drive from Lucca it is full of out of date and outsized clothes. Some people come away very happy, but when I went as a group of 5 women none of us bought a thing. I wouldn't waste my precious holiday time going there again.

Trinita, Italy
reviews: 16
2. Re: Designer outlets

I never found anything good for me in outlets.

London
reviews: 2
3. Re: Designer outlets

There are now quite a few mall or single company discount stores in Tuscany. The Mall offering high end items and not necessarily last years fashions. You just have to go on the best day which talk to a few of the shop managers appears to be on a Friday. They receive new supplies on Thursday evening and then stock is updated ready for the weekend rush.

www.themall.it/en/outlet-italy/homepage.html

Another high end outlet on the way to the mall is Fashion Valley

discovertuscany.com/what-to-do-in-tuscany/sh…

If your looking for a bargin then try the Mcarthur Glen outpost in Barberino

mcarthurglen.com/it/…

Probably Barberino offers more value for money

You can actually visit all of the shopping malls above in a single day.All you need to do is plan well and leave early aiming at arriving at opening time and then being disciplined in allowing 3 hours for each one.

This page gives you a run down of all 3

discovertuscany.com/what-to-do-in-tuscany/sh…

Good luck

John

4. Re: Designer outlets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lucca