We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca day trips

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Lucca day trips

We wil be in lucca for 3 nights in march. Planning a day trip to Cinque Terre one day. Would like to go to Pisa just for a photo or two. Heard on the forum that there was a winery/olive oil place in San miniato but I can't find anything about it. We will not have a car. Are there other places we should consider seeing by bus or train?

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Lucca day trips

Why not spend a bit more of your time in the lovely city of Lucca!

mesh

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Lucca day trips

Buses from Lucca www.vaibus.com/pdf/extraurbano4feb13.pdf

Trains Lucca to Monterosso and Florence www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Check train times over the next seven days

www.discovertuscany.com

www.cinqueterreonline.com

Alexandria, VA USA
reviews: 63
3. Re: Lucca day trips

I have to agree with Mesh-- spending time in Lucca is wonderful. So many piazzas, cafes, the towers, biking the walls....I could go on. We did hire a driver for a wine tour for half a day, and that was well worth it. And the driver was absolutely necessary because the wine ours were quite generous! Enjoy your trip!

San Mateo...
4. Re: Lucca day trips

twocoasts, would you mind sharing the info for the driver you hired for the wine tour?

Thanx

Alexandria, VA USA
reviews: 63
5. Re: Lucca day trips

We used Not Ordinary Ways in Lucca. The driver we had was great and he took us to two wineries. We did tastings and tours at both and lunch at the second. He also gave us a lot of area information en route.

I can't remember what we paid, but I will say it didn't seem like much compared to what we spent to shop cases of wine home!!!

6. Re: Lucca day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lucca