We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
queensland
reviews: 11
Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

Can anyone suggest suitable accommodation for 4 nights for myself and 2 teenagers with no car? I looked on the TA list but lots of them are outside the walls. Would we get an apartment for only 4 nights?Things look heavily booked already. :(

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
1. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

What time of year are you visiting? That might make a difference. There are places that will rent for 3 or 4 nights. Have you looked at VRBO listings or their sister site, HomeAway. http://www.knowital.com/ is another site which has Lucca listings.

TAB

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
2. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

have a good pensione inside near the "Piazza Anfiteatro" that we have stayed at 3 times if that is the style you are looking for.....breakfast included.

queensland
3. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

We are looking at June 25th for 4 nights.

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
4. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

I stayed here and would return. The twin room would be good for your kids.

knowital.com/tuscany/…apartment2.html

TAB

Savannah, GA
reviews: 15
5. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

If all can share one room - Piccolo Hotel Puccini has one room that will accommodate three nicely. Reasonable, great location, lovely staff. No AC, however, but powerful ceiling fans.

albuquerque
reviews: 20
6. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

I'm a big fan of the Piccolo Puccini. The location is great, no need for a car. Wonderful staff. Well priced.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 295
7. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

Palazzo Alexander is very nice and reasonable. I do not know whether they have rooms for three but you could always google and check.

queensland
8. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

Thanks all.

Booked a small apartment through VRBO.

albuquerque
reviews: 20
9. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

I hope you'll post a review of the apartment after your stay.

Enjoy Lucca!

Galesburg, Illinois
reviews: 7
10. Re: Lucca accommodation within walls - no car

Lot of nice places to stay within the walls but a group of us stayed 6 nights at Hotel Ilaria and all would stay again if we get back. It was close to shops, restaurants and everything was close by. Good things about the Ilaria was a lift, great breakfast, good service, snacks and drinks available in lobby area in afternoon, a nice roof top lounge with hot tub to relax, and free usage of bicycles to ride the town or the wall which the kids and you will enjoy. Our group was all old "fossils" so we took cab from station to hotel after a long day but it is walkable. Might be to late to get room for June but you might look into it. Have fun Ciao

Get answers to your questions about Lucca