We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

Like many other places in Italy, the tourist tax finally arrives in Lucca! From 1st April 2013 the city Council of Lucca will impose a tax for overnight stays ranging from 1 to 3 euros per person per night (children under 14 years are exempt) based on the nightly charge of the accommodation. According to the comune.lucca.it website the tax is charged as follows: "From 1.00 euro to 29.99 euros tax is 1 euro; from 30.00 euros to 69.99 euros the tax is 1.50 euro; from 70 euros to 99.99 euros tax is 2 euros; from100.00 euros to129.99 euros tax is 2.50 euros and from 130.00 euros upwards the tax is 3.00 euros."

mesh

Auckland Region...
reviews: 25
11. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

But the sad fact is, there are people who will curtail a longer trip because of a few Euros/dollars/pounds... and whilst they may not notice this run on effect in large places such as Roma, Paris, Barcelona or even Firenze and Venezia (having much larger tourist numbers even with a small population ) it maybe felt in Lucca because it is a smaller place with less visitors than any of the prior mentioned well known tourist mecca's.

Even a mention of a similar tax in Cumbria has people stating it will affect local businesses...

People I spoke to in Lucca today, feel that it could mean that people will stay in the local villages and agriturismo's more, thus keeping business in the 'area' so to speak but the centro storico could notice a dip in revenues.

It doesn't put me off as I stated prior because I believe you pay regardless whether it be in this sort of tax or higher prices in local businesses etc.

Plus I am happy to pay a bit more to be allowed to stay and enjoy the beauty of Lucca or Roma or where ever i go that may have these taxes....

Not sure i would want to pay it in Cumbria though:)

Seattle
reviews: 36
12. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

We,also, will gladly pay the tax to stay within the beautiful city walls.

Surrey, United...
13. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

Have come across more information regarding the tax. As far as I can make out the tax is due up to a maximum of three consecutive nights during high season and for one night during low season. High season means the period from 1st April to the first Sunday in November of every year while the low season runs from Monday after the first Sunday of November until 31 March of the following year. In the case of non-consecutive nights, made in the same month and in the same facility, the tax is payable for a maximum total of six nights.

More detail at: movimento5stellelucca.it/blog/…

mesh

albuquerque
reviews: 17
14. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

I'll happily pay the tax when I'm in Lucca this spring ! Lucca is a bargain compared to the bigger cities and the economy there has really suffered this past year.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 12
15. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

The tax won't keep me away this summer. Of all the expenses I'll be paying this is one of the less expensive and I won't bat an eye to pay it. I think most people will realize that the fee will cost about the same as transport if they decide to stay outside the city. I think some people are making a bigger deal out of this than needs be.

Donna

Surrey, United...
16. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

The most you will pay if you stay for three consecutive nights or more during high season at the highest nightly rate (130.00 euros upwards) is just 9 euros pp, hardly going to break the bank is it!

mesh

17. Re: Tourtist tax to be implemented in Lucca April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lucca