We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 32
Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

Planning a weeks holiday for later in the year, staying in Lucca, car-free. We wondered if anyone could suggest a day trip from Lucca which would be the most scenic journey? Preferably by Train, but possibly by Bus - any ideas? :) The destination is less important, I'm just wondering if anyone has made any memorable trips which have especially taken in the area and landscapes...

We have been to Tuscany a few times and know it's beautiful all over but we've done much more southern Tuscany than Northern. We spent five days based in Bagni di Lucca a few years back and visited Borgo, Barga, Pisa etc so a little familiar with the area.

Thanks

london
reviews: 4
1. Re: Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

Hi,

Take a look at post no 8 on this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187898-i832-k41…

mesh

Alexandria, VA USA
reviews: 60
2. Re: Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

You can take the train to Cinqu Terre from Lucca. You have to make a transfer but it's very easy and you'll get to see the coast!

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

Thanks for replying guys.

4. Re: Can you recommend me a great scenic train ride from Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 09, 2014