We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

Which Livorno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 4
Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

We, DH, I, MIL our almost 5yo and 11month old will be coming off a cruise ship late May for one day.

We are planning on taking the train to Pisa for a while and are looking for something else to do after with the children.

We considered going to Lucca but MIL won't be fir for much walking so walking / cycling the wall isn't really an option. We are thinking there might be a good playground suitable for us in either Pisa or Livorno but apart from the one in the walled garden in Pisa (sorry I can't think of the name of it now) I can't seem to fine any others.

We also considered going to either Tirennia beach or Marina de Pisa but in May it will probably be too cold?

Any advice welcome

Boston...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

Ask a local blooger. Gloria is a Tuscan with a young child, http://www.athomeintuscany.org/about/

Boston...
2. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

Been there, tried to do that. The beach areas will be rather bleak in May unless it's a hot sunny weekend.

Ireland
3. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

Thank you very much for your replies Mike!

I have emailed Gloria just now so hopefully she will be able to come up with something for us to do.

Thanks again for your input!

PS - you come from one of my favourite places!!!!

Boston...
4. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

To say Boston and Ireland have close ties cannot be overstated. We were in Ireland once and a local stuck up a conversation. Him: Where are you from? Me: Boston. Him: Oh, what neighbourhood? Me: Back Bay. Him: Oh really, I know it well. What street? Me: Gloucester Street. Him: Fantastic, that's beautiful. Which house?

Ireland
5. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

Lol, somehow that doesn't surprise me :) ... I know lots of people who have lived in Boston and we have been there twice pre-kids. Once for New Years Eve and boy is Boston family friendly - I have promised we will go back with the kids for a New Years Eve once we can 'risk' the long flight with them ... There was and probably still is, an amazing desert place called Finalle I think ... its on my 'hit list' for when we return :D

I have to say we really miss our trips to the US - we used to be regular visitors .... it will happen again for sure though .....

6. Re: Any Good Playgrounds in Livorno or Pisa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 23, 2014