We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Two Restaurants

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
Best Two Restaurants

My wife and I will be in Florence for two nights in early November celebrating our 10th anniversary. So many restaurants, so few nights. Never been to Florence before. What are your choices for the two best dining experiences?

reviews: 30
1. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Do you want celebratory or casual?

Houston, Texas
2. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Eiher is fine - just looking for the best dining experience, albeit not at a 1,000 euros!

firenze
reviews: 2
3. Re: Best Two Restaurants

I would suggest:

Il Santo Bevitore, for good food&wine, great atmosphere and nice price.

Alle Murate for a more sophisticated dinner. Beautiful venue the restaurant is located in one of Florence' oldest building.

Enjoy!

reviews: 30
4. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Elisabetta is right - Alle Murate is expensive but apparently worth it. Il Santo bevitore is just great.

Miami
5. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Well , I just returned from my trip and expecting to do a tripreport in the coming days, but having gone to both the Alle Murate and il Santo Bevitore , I am going to advance my opinion.

Alle Murate-- Very fancy place and very expensive!!! The restaurant is very modern in decor but it is located in an old building with apparently salvaged antique frescoes. Service is adequate but nothing out of the ordinary though they give you a very nice welcoming. They were out of many of the dishes in the menu. Food is good but not generous in portions. For the price I found it really expensive. Two persons with a bottle of wine and tip, +/- 250 euros.

Il Santo Bevitore--- casual and neighborly type of restaurant. in a small street in the Oltrarno district, food and atmosphere are great, service is adequate and willing to help you out as much as language permit, with the menu. I suppose it is the feeilng of any good trattoria. Two persons with a bottle of wine is around 90 euros.Thanks to Anon and others that recommend it.

If by any chance you find yourself in front of the Il Paiolo, near the Dante Alighieri house and Chiesa, start running to the opposite as fast as you can. Bad food, atmosphere and simply thieves. They bring your bottle of wine already open to the table, Uhmmmm.....

If we weren't so tired from a day trip to Luca and Pisa I would have left right there. Not cheap either.

Just a quick honorary mention, yes is very touristy, but the Giostra is well worth it. I founfd the food very good and though the place is crampy they try to make it as nice to you as possible . Two persons with a bottle of wine +/- 120 euros.

Houston, Texas
6. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Thank you all. We'll report back!

New York, NY
reviews: 16
7. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Baccarossa! Wonderful, off the beaten track but so worth it - a real find!

USA
reviews: 1
8. Re: Best Two Restaurants

I must agree with who suggested Baccarossa, even though it may be too late for your anniversary. Baccarossa (red berry) it's Absolutely charming, a bit off the beaten path, new and almost unknown (but not for long, as they have just been included in one of the best italian restaurant guides, Veronelli's). Apart from that and above all, the food is great. The food is totally fish-based, so you must like fish and seafood. But if you do, this is the place to eat in Florence! Via Ghibellina 46/, Near S. ambrogio market. For the address see www.baccarossa.it.

usa
9. Re: Best Two Restaurants

Hi. I am also writing about the restaurant "Baccarossa". I am a connaisseur of Florence and could suggest also other places, but Baccarossa has really surprised me in the florentine scene and have no doubt in suggesting it as one of the best culinary experience you can ever try. The preparation are based on exclusively wild-caught Mediterranean fish, and all that I tasted was exquisite. Some rather elaborate vegetarian choices are also present on the menu, and my friend was delighted with her choice of one of them. The atmosphere is warmed by both the antique wooden pieces of the furniture and by the gentle hospitality of the owners.. To find it in Florence, you can use the map on their website: www.baccarossa.it

los angeles
reviews: 86
10. Re: Best Two Restaurants

VERY shocked no one has mentioned Acqua Al Due...one of the very best meals i've ever had in my life. GO THERE, order the Pasta Sampler first, no matter what you do, chef makes 5 diff pastas special daily and they bring them out to you in smaller portions one at a time, absolutely amazing. The Filet Mignon is fantastic, both the balsamic vinagrette sauce and the blueberry sauce one (sounds weird I know) are both simply devine.

GO THERE GO THERE GO THERE!!!!