We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze Christmas Time

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Attard, Malta
reviews: 43
Firenze Christmas Time

I'm thinking about visiting Firenze around Christmas time, from the 24th Dec - 31st Dec. This will be my first time in Florence so I would like to do some sightseeing whilst taking in the Christmas atmosphere. My concern is that attractions/shops/restaurants might be closed on Christmas day and the 26th. What do you suggest I could do on these days?

Also my other concern, I will be flying in and out from the Pisa Airport. For transport to and from Firenze I was thinking about booking the Terravision bus (takes approximately 1hr). My flight leaves at 9am on the 31st, I'm guessing I would have to catch a very early bus (4.45am) to make it on time. Would it be safe to walk so early in the morning to the S.M NOVELLA train station from Ponte Vecchio so I can catch the bus?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Best regards,

André

Florence, Italy
reviews: 92
1. Re: Firenze Christmas Time

Dear Andre

Christmas is a beautiful time of the year to visit Florence. It is very cold although so pretty and enchanting! The city is so pleasant and not as crowded in the higher seasons.

I highly recommend the Terravision to arrive at Pisa Airport. Florence is a very safe city you can walk around any time of the day although you can also book at cab from your Hotel that will cost you around 12 Euro.

Best Linda

2. Re: Firenze Christmas Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 28, 2014