We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Access to vineyards from Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
Access to vineyards from Florence?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe and, after some time in Germany with friends, we're considering going to Florence for two nights before heading back to the US for a wedding. If we decide to travel to Florence, we'd like to visit a vineyard or two outside the city. I'm reluctant for us to spend an entire day on a wine tour due to how little time we're able to spend in Florence before returning to the states. I know we could stay somewhere more in the countryside, but we'll both definitely want to be able to walk around the city and absorb the culture/sites away from vineyards.

Essentially, I'm trying to determine if it's easy to get to a vineyard for a visit by bus or train from Florence. (I'm speculating he won't want to rent a car.) We're not picky at all on specific vineyard, etc. ... It'd just be nice to spend a quiet lunch one day out of the city at one of the vineyards. Any thoughts?

And thank you in advance for anyone who can help! :)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
1. Re: Access to vineyards from Florence?

with two nights, you have one day for Florence -- any visit to wineries is going to take a day -- the only day you have for Florence

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
2. Re: Access to vineyards from Florence?

The simple answer is no, there are not wineries that are easily accessed by public transport and you cannot have a rental car in central Florence, so your only real option is to take a tour. However, with your limited time in Florence, I wouldn't advise that either.

3. Re: Access to vineyards from Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014