We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel recommendations

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elburg, The...
reviews: 10
Looking for hotel recommendations

HI

I have planned to visit Florence later this year for a private trip and I am looking for a hotel which is on walking distance of the inner city (or in it). it doesnt have to be a luxurious hotel as long as the rooms are clean. Any recommendations are welcome !

thanks

Jack

Brisbane
reviews: 22
1. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

The first thing we do when looking for hotels is to look up all hotels in the place we are going to (in your case Florence) in Trip Advisor. Then we filter according to our needs - how many people, cost, location.

I find the ratings and comments are a sound guide (although you need to be aware that some people aren't 100% honest at times). If I'm not convinced I might cross reference with the ratings on a site such as hotels.com.

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 10
2. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

Jack:

You might consider the Hotel Davanzati on Via Porta Rossa. I've stayed there on three separate trips, in 2008, 2010, and again just last month. The location is as central as you can get--just a short walk away from Piazza della Signoria and the Ponte Vecchio. Their rooms are cosy, well-equipped, and sparkling clean, and the owners are very friendly and helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations and museum tickets. They also host a Happy Hour every night, which is a nice way to meet and swap stories with other travelers. I don't know what your budget is, but the Davanzati's prices seem to be standard for a mid-range hotel in central Florence.

albuquerque
reviews: 17
3. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

This really depends on your price point.

I like the Morandi alla Crocetta which is located near the Accademia and SS Annunziata church.

I also had a nice stay at B&B Dei Mori which is as central as you can get, good owners, less expensive than the Morandi. Downside is that there are a lot of steps

Walpole, New...
reviews: 26
4. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

We stayed at the Berchielli for 5 nights in June with a beautiful view of the Arno River and Ponte Vecchio. It was very easy walking to all the major sites. The hotel is clean with spaceous rooms and wonderful staff.

Enjoy your trip. Florence is fabulous. We can't wait to go back.

Altea, Comunidad...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

This is very helpful as I was about to ask a similar question. Thanks to all those who replied. Any more ideas? Jack i hope you enjoy your holiday.

uk
reviews: 6
6. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

What kind of hotel are you looking for?

Decatur GA USA
reviews: 1
7. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

Check out DeiMori, right in the heart of Florence:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

8. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 09, 2014