We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas...
reviews: 50
What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

I am considering a July day trip and have four days (Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat) to choose from. What is the least crowded day in July in the Florence center of the following four July days?

Thu-11, Fri-12, Sat-13, Sun-14

Thanks.

Bedford, United...
reviews: 41
1. Re: What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

I am tempted to say "None of the above", although the weekends can be the worst. July can be very, very busy. At least you will give yourself a fighting chance if you are arriving early.

Houston, Texas...
2. Re: What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

Thanks. For various reasons, I have chosen Sunday for the day trip to Florence. I understand that mot stuff is open.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

On weekdays, it really depends on how many cruise ships are in Livorno rather than any particular day of the week.

For some reason I do not wholly understand, half the tourists who visit Italy feel that they must go to Florence, with the result that it is heaving with tourists all summer. I avoid it. Although there are two excellent art galleries, there are other places that are less crowded and (in my opinion) more interesting as cities.

Houston, Texas...
4. Re: What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

I chose Florence because it is relatively fast train ride, much is close to the Florence train station, and because of the history, and is often listed as one of the top cities to visit in the world.

Yet, I am open to scratching Florence and choosing another location for a day trip from Rome by train. I am not sure about the ancient sites, or even the beach. A small to medium-size city might be nice.

I lived in Ferrara for 5 months, and wouldn't mind returning but a little far. Other places I liked were Padua, Vicenza, Ravenna, Bologna, Trieste, Cinque Terre, Milan, and Venice -- pretty much everywhere I went in Italy. All too far, except maybe Bologna, Did like the small towns we would hop off the train for a few hours.

I did consider Naples. I have never been south of Rome. My kids have not been anywhere in Italy.

We weren't even planning to go to Italy, It was by chance, a relatively cheap flight to the European continent that happen to arrive Rome. As for the larger cities, my second choice to visit after Rome would be Venice but really too far for a day trip. My third choice was Florence, which happened to be convenient cheap train ride from Rome.

Edited: 5:32 am, May 21, 2013
5. Re: What is least crowded day of the week in Florence center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 23, 2014