We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Amalfi?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
Train to Amalfi?

Spending a few days in Rome, then train to Florence and then thinking train to Amalfi coast?

Not for me-for my daughter 26 and her friend. Safe? It seems it's quite the trek?

Is there somewhere else on the Mediterranean that is preferable?

My thanks!

South Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: Train to Amalfi?

Trains from Rome or Florence to Salerno www.trenitalia.com www.italotreno.it

Bus Salerno to Amalfi sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

Option to Amalfi and reached by Trenitalia train. From Florence, Viarregio and Cinque Terre, from Rome, Sperlonga

www.italia.it/en/home.html

www.cinqueterre.com

www.amlfiscostweb.com

www.discovertuscany.com

www.rome.info

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
2. Re: Train to Amalfi?

It's safe but they need to start looking up travel times and trains and other public transportation; there is no train to Amalfi. Best bet is train Florence to Salerno then ferry or bus to Amalfi. Much less of a hassle.

If she is thinking of going anytime in the next 4 months, she needs to book very soon - places get booked very early on - about 9 months early these days.

3. Re: Train to Amalfi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 05, 2014