We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Amalfi?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
492 posts
35 reviews
Train to Amalfi?

Spending a few days in Rome, then train to Florence and then thinking train to Amalfi coast?

Not for me-for my daughter 26 and her friend. Safe? It seems it's quite the trek?

Is there somewhere else on the Mediterranean that is preferable?

My thanks!

South Australia
Level Contributor
24,744 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Train to Amalfi?

Trains from Rome or Florence to Salerno www.trenitalia.com www.italotreno.it

Bus Salerno to Amalfi sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

Option to Amalfi and reached by Trenitalia train. From Florence, Viarregio and Cinque Terre, from Rome, Sperlonga

www.italia.it/en/home.html

www.cinqueterre.com

www.amlfiscostweb.com

www.discovertuscany.com

www.rome.info

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32,041 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Train to Amalfi?

It's safe but they need to start looking up travel times and trains and other public transportation; there is no train to Amalfi. Best bet is train Florence to Salerno then ferry or bus to Amalfi. Much less of a hassle.

If she is thinking of going anytime in the next 4 months, she needs to book very soon - places get booked very early on - about 9 months early these days.

3. Re: Train to Amalfi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 05, 2014