We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 84
Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Hi, Florence Forum people,

I have just started reading through your threads and excellent FAQs ( and two guide books) as my hubby and I are staying in the Palazzo dal Borgo hotel 11th - 15th May, which includes our 30th wedding anniversary. I usually start trip planning earlier than this, but life has been getting in the way...

This hotel popped up with a very good deal on TravelZoo, and as I have long wanted to visit Florence it was too good to ignore. The hotel description says 250m from the railway station, which I believe is also where the buses from Pisa stop. I need to find out more about trains/ buses from/ to Pisa airport for our flight times, but that is another subject.

The hotel address is Via della Scala 6, which looks like quite a long road on the map. We will be arriving in the late afternoon/ early evening I hope, with just small carry-on size pull along cases. UncleTomaso has said that the historic centre is tiny, N-S or E-W in 30 mins, so am I correct in assuming that our hotel will only be a few minutes walk from the station?

Many thanks,

Figgy.

8 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
1. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Hi Figgy,

Yep, you'll be less than a 10 minute walk from the station, even less than that to get into the thick of things.

Congratulations on your anniversary! You picked a great place to celebrate it!

Florence, Italy
2. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Hi Figgy,

Yep, you'll be less than a 10 minute walk from the station, even less than that to get into the thick of things.

Congratulations on your anniversary! You picked a great place to celebrate it!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Many thanks Eugene - especially for saying congratulations twice! That's great to know.

Our trip doesn't seem real yet, but am getting more and more excited reading threads on here.

Bedford, United...
Destination Expert
for Florence
reviews: 34
4. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Eugene seems to be in duplicating mode today. I shall add my congratulations, just once, mind you, and remind you that Florence is not like Disneyland - it is much more magical :)

By the way, just in case you haven't seen it yet, look here. Has a map as well

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187895-d2375…

Edited: 10:48 am, May 03, 2013
Florence, Italy
5. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

There's often an echo in here, but today, unusually, it was *me* repeating me! ;o)

Well y'know what, Figgy? I'll congratulate you again: Congratulations! Because as we say around here, non c'è due senza tre!

Bedford, United...
Destination Expert
for Florence
reviews: 34
6. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

You old smoothy, you :)

uk
reviews: 6
7. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Figgy,

I stayed in that hotel with my Mother many years ago, it was just known as the Hotel Aprile then. Yes, via della Scala is quite a long road, but the hotel is at the Piazza Santa Maria Novella end and within easy walking distance of the main sights.

I've never been to Disneyland but, as Pericoloso has implied, Florence is sure to be more magical - it has held me under its spell for decades.

Congratulations and enjoy this beautiful city.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?

Thank you all. I have read through some of the hotel reviews on TA ( I always do before booking anywhere) but missed the one where they mention 10 mins walk from the station.

Yes, I love going to Disneyland Paris, but that is a very different holiday from visiting Cities, beach holidays and skiing, which we also both enjoy doing.

Reply to: Palazzo dal Borgo hotel - short walk from the station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted