We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown
reviews: 18
Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Has anyone picked up a car at this location? It appears to be out of the dreaded ZTL but not sure. From here we want to drive to Chianti area. Thought it would be more convenient than Florence airport pick up. Any thoughts or advice?

north carolina
reviews: 107
1. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

I drove around for an hour,and got a bus-lane ticket, trying to find that place once and never did find it. On a map it appears to be a great location, but is there any there there?

Georgetown
2. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Thanks so much for your response. I was afraid that this might be the case. I guess I will pick up the car at the airport and be safe.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
3. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

I finally found it on google street view. I'm also picking the car from this location

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=VIA+DEL+SANSOVINO+53+florence&ll=43.774501,11.22556&spn=0.000451,0.002309&hnear=Via+del+Sansovino,+53,+Firenze,+Toscana,+Italy&gl=us&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=43.774517,11.224813&panoid=2j1jv1hcDsur7AdAleo-7Q&cbp=11,141.31,,0,4.48

north carolina
4. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Ziggy,

Please report to us how that works out.

north carolina
5. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Hey, great, I was there, and the people working said, no, no, no Hertz (pronounced "airtz). At the time it didn't have the Hertz sign out front.

So, Nash, based on Ziggy's fine work, I will say now that it is easy - when the Hertz office is open there, which I believe is only certain times/seasons.

Obviously, the building is distinctive and easy to see from the road.

Georgetown
6. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Thanks Ziggy. I found it too. I guess if we take a cab to the Hertz place we won't have to worry too much about getting lost. The route out towards Chianti region looks pretty easy. Please let us know how this works out.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
7. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

Yes, assuming the cab driver knows where it is and the side of the street its on. Perhaps I need to stop watching Amazing Race. See way too many cabbies getting lost on that show.

If you take a close look there's some trickery on that street. When you leave you sort of need to drive toward the river and make a U-turn to get to the other side of the street. I'll be there at the end of June

8. Re: Florence car pick up Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014