We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to use Firenze Card to avoid queues?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester
reviews: 23
Where to use Firenze Card to avoid queues?

My wife and I are soon off the Florence for a weeks holiday. We have identified a list of places we want to visit when we're there (Duomo and associated museums and buildngs,the Uffizi,the Galilieo museum, the Accademia, the Pitti palace complex (inc Boboli gardens) and the Santa Maria Novella and Saint Croce churches).. At first glance, the Firenze card looks a good deal but when we've looked at it more closely, I doubt we'll actually save any money as we have to use it 72 hours. However, it strikes me that the real benefit could be in avoiding some of the queues. From your experience/knowledge which of these places is likely to have the longest queues (we'll be there 7th April to12th April). and how long are they likely to be?

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
11. Re: Where to use Firenze Card to avoid queues?

2 benefits. First it saved time at uffizi and accademia. Did not help with lines elsewhere.

Second it allowed us to pop into smaller sights we might otherwise have skipped at no cost.

If you just want to see a couple major sites, there's no cost benefit. If you go to a lot of museums and churches, which we did, it cost less than individual admissions.

12. Re: Where to use Firenze Card to avoid queues?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2014