We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
reviews: 40
Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

I am posting this as we had booked this hotel for a visit February 2013.

The day before flying out we were told there were "heating problems" and were advised to re-book another hotel.

We checked this hotel when we arrived in Florence and it seemed to be boarded up and "under renovation".

So you are advised to check the situation before deciding to book.

I think this was probably more the fault of the booking agent who maybe had not removed the hotel from their books.

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Hi Chydon - the lovely Viti family, who runs Nuova Italia, typically close their hotel for a few weeks sometime during the winter to renovate/repair/and, we hope, perhaps vacation.

Who alerted you to the "heating problems" situation? And how could this information have been made known if, as you observed, the place was closed?

Edited: 10:25 am, March 09, 2013
Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
2. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Artviva, I certainly hope that is the case and they are enjoying a much needed vacation before the season starts. The Viti family are indeed lovely and gracious. I've stayed there on every visit to Florence and will do so again.

Cornwall
reviews: 40
3. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

We had booked this hotel some time ago via British Airways - I assume they use an Agent.

We were informed on the Tuesday-flying out first thing on Wednesday-that the hotel had no heating and we had to re-book elsewhere. Not good.

We did check it out when we were there to see what we might have missed only to find it was boarded up !! So the impression we got was not a good one.

From your mail I think there must have been some sort of break-down in communication perhaps between the hotel and whoever has them on their books.

Thanks for replying - as it was very good feed back for others.

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Ocpony, how nice to be on the same page once again! Chydon, we're going to get to the bottom of this ...

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
5. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Yes, it is nice to 'speak' with you again Artviva. Hope all is well.

I checked the hotel's website and all appears normal. Altho, I won't be traveling until the end of September, I'd planned on staying there for a couple of nights.

Hope you can learn something :-))

Pennsylvania
reviews: 25
6. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

Although I have another hotel booked, I was curious about this one after reading all the posts. Pulled up the hotel on TA and discovered the following message from the hotel's owners following a complaint re the airconditioning and heat:

"January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was really nice to read your review published in Tripadvisor.

We do thank you for having taken the time to write it and are looking forward to your next visit.

Until then we remain,

Sincerely yours,

Luciano Viti

O.S. During the month of February, 2013 the hotel will stay closed because we will be changing the whole air conditioning system!"

7. Re: Hotel Nuova Italia,Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 11, 2014