We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed please

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 8
Help needed please

Trip to Florence 4 night 8 October flying in to Pisa arriving approx 4pm should we have 1st night in PIsa or spend a few hours there on the last day looking round ?

I have booked a room at the Borghese Palace hotel but not sure now . Want to stay in an area that is fairly quiet and pretty .

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Like the look of the Bernini hotel also

Thank you

Alison

Rome, Italy
reviews: 18
1. Re: Help needed please

The two hotels you mentioned are very close, but the Bernini is definitely in a very slightly better location. It is far more classy than the Palazzo Borghese, which is a bit "pseudo," whereas the Bernini just oozes class. What I like about the Bernini is that is perfect for collapsing back into when you emerge, hot, exhausted and brain dead, from touring the Uffizi. It is right next to the exit and perfect for having a cold shower, cold drink and just relaxing. The hotel staff are very highly trained with a genuine Florentine twist. I say cancel your Borghese booking and go for the Bernini!

I also think you should stay the night in Pisa and make your way to Florence the next day. Get Pisa out of the way and then utilise the rest of your time in Florence. Trains and buses go from Florence station right to Pisa station.

Edited: 8:06 am, March 08, 2013
Rome, Italy
reviews: 18
2. Re: Help needed please

Should read: Trains and buses go from Florence station right to Pisa AIRPORT.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
3. Re: Help needed please

We spent four solid days in Florence and still missed a couple things we wanted to see. Unless you really feel like you have to see the leaning tower, you may want to just skip Pisa completely. You're not going to be able to see everything in both cities in four days.

4. Re: Help needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 10, 2014