We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Hi, I have been reading people who get to the plazza and then get

the ticket to the above places, is that something I can do before

i leave US. Just want to save some time as I do not know how

much free time the tour gives us. How much time should we allocate to each site. ? Where is the museum in relation to Duomo, etc.Looks like all the "original" and "good" stuff is there eg what used to be inside Duomo, the real door outside Baptistry etc.

Thanks so much

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

I don't know of any way of buying these tickets in advance, but I don't think you will find big queues. People get so hung up about seeing David and the Uffizi that they neglect the delights of the Duomo Museum.

San Francisco
2. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Hi, thanks for your reply. do you happen to know the cost of ech tiicket and

how much time should I allocate for each place. I am joining a tour, so I

do not know how much time they would give us to spend around Plazza

Duomo

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Sorry, I have not been to Florence in years, and have no idea of the current prices. I'm sure you could find them easily with a few minutes on Google.

How much time to spend is a very personal decision. First, you have to find out how much time you will have around Piazza del Duomo.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
4. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

We were there in November and did the Duomo, Baptistry, and Duomo Museum from maybe 9 or 10 when it opened to about 2 in the afternoon, including a stop for lunch. Most of that time was in the Museum.

We skipped the Campanille as it looked like just a tower to climb and we'd already climbed to the top of the Duomo. We went on a Monday and there were no lines. On the weekend when we walked through the area, there were lots of people lined up to get into the sites, other than the museum, so I'd suggest a weekday and go early.

We used the Firenze card to get into the Museum so did not buy tickets. But there was no line at all. The Museum had very few people. And that is where Ghiberti's bronze doors are. Having seen them I don't understand why they're not more well known because they were the one single coolest thing we saw in Florence. They are astonishingly detailed. The Museum is across the street from the Duomo at the end opposite the Baptistry.

The Baptistry did not take much time. It's small. You buy tickets in a small office directly across the street from the Baptistry entrance. There was maybe a ten minute wait to get in once you had a ticket, but on other days I did see long lines of people waiting to get in.

San Francisco
5. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Thanks for your reply Wes. Looks like the museum has the shortest line.Other than the door of Baptistry, are there other things to see ? We will only be there for one morning, so I doubt if we would have a lot of time. So approx. how

much time did you spend at the museum. Do you know if one can just

purchase the museum ticket. ?

The Baptistry looks like has a mosaic ceiling. I guess that is the main

attraction inside ?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
6. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

I don't know when you are going, but the museum will be partially closing the week after Easter, although you will still be able to see Michelangelo's Pieta and the Gates of Paradise.

San Francisco
7. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

HI, I will be arriving Thurs 3/28 and be there about 1/2 day. Will the closure

affects it too. So can you direct me where to go to look up what is on display

in the museum and the entrance fee etc. I do not know the official name of

this museum. If you have to choose, would you go to the museum or the

Baptistry. Looks like Campanille is only for climbing to the top for a view. , so

I think I would skip that

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
8. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Ok, well you will be there just before Easter, so the closure won't affect you. If you have half a day, you have time to see both the museum and the baptistery. Here is the official website:

http://museo.operaduomo.fi.it/

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
9. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

Yes, you could buy a ticket to the Museum at the entrance if you did not want the Firenze card. If you had to choose between the museum or Baptistry, I'd choose the museum, but I'm sure you can do both. The Baptistry is small. The mosaic ceiling was neat to see.

The gates of paradise, Ghiberti's doors, are the highlight of the museum, but there was also the Pieta, some Etruscan artifacts, several statues by Donatello and others, and some other stuff. We probably spent 2 hours there. We used the Rick Steves guidebook for our trip. He has a lot of maps and also detailed walking tours of most sites any tourist would ever consider.

10. Re: internet site to book ticket to Baptistry,Campanille, Musem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 10, 2014