We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guides/Companies

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Tour Guides/Companies

Hi,

How do I know if the company I'm considering for a private walking tour of Florence has licensed guides? And does it matter if they aren't licensed?

Thanks!

Jennifer

P.S. I also posted this in the Rome forum since it tends to see a little more action. :)

Edited: 10:40 pm, March 05, 2013
Mississauga, ON
reviews: 91
11. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

We did a walking tour of Florence with Walks of Italy and it was fantastic. The tour included admission to see David, easily gliding by the massive line outside.

www.walksofitaly.com

We also did a walking tour with Walks of Italy in Rome (Colosseum, etc.) which was also really very good.

I seem to recal if you mentioned Rick Steves, there was a discount.

Enjoy!

California
12. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

TravelBug -

We are planning on using Walks of Italy for their Pristine Sistine tour using the Rick Steves discount. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with them because . . . We can't wait!

We were also considering them for our full day tour of Florence but they charge a lot more money than other companies. I'm not sue it's worth it since they all seem to cover the same places . . .

Thanks!

Jennifer

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
13. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

I agree about doing a half day tour then spending the rest of the day and into the evening before returning to Rome on your own; there is something so wonderful about just moving at your own pace, stopping and going down a street that you come across, walking into a gallery, stopping and listening to the unexpected opera singer in a square (which I enjoyed last time I was there) - take a walk away from the most popular points. It really does make, I think (my opinion only), for a richer experience than have someone else take you everywhere and explain everything.

Cheaper too than a full day tour.

Mississauga, ON
reviews: 91
14. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

I agree with MomCat. After our tour, we went back to a few of the spots we had visited, as well as to poke down some streets we had walked past.

Florence really is a wonderful place to just wander and explore.

Enjoy!

Florence, Italy
15. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

The P.I. (Partita IVA) is the company's tax number. It has nothing to do with whether or not they or their employees are licensed guides.

Quezon City...
reviews: 3
16. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

Where can i find a private van for a day that can accommodate 8 adults and 2 kids ages 8 and 3? Any suggestions please?

17. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, March 11, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
18. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

Nubbyrose, I've toured with Eugene several times. He really is all that and more. Like being with your own personal professor, but fun and funny.

Firenze
reviews: 26
19. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

ask Simone at info@limoserviceinflorence.com Most companies have standard Mercedes 8 places but Simone has 10-12-15

20. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 16, 2014