We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I went up the Duomo campanile today....

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 60
I went up the Duomo campanile today....

What a view!

We have had more than a few days of non-stop rain here in Florence but today was a beautiful sunny day.

The sign at the ticket office says "not for those with heart disease" I can see why!!

The steps (all 414 of them) are narrow and towards the very top are spiral. There is the odd spot and (I think) two levels to stop but other than that it is a case of keep going.

I could certainly feel my heart doing its job when I reached the top but it was certainly worth it!

So glad I didn't come in the summer and stand in a queue. Today was lovely but without the queues

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: I went up the Duomo campanile today....

Yes, it certainly is a wonderful view and worth the trek up (all 414 steps). So nice you were able to do so in the sunshine (and no queues :-)).

Have more fun discovering the wonders of Florence.

uk
reviews: 6
2. Re: I went up the Duomo campanile today....

Yes, your heart definitely needs to be in reasonable working order, but it is worth it. Glad you had a break from the rain!

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 60
3. Re: I went up the Duomo campanile today....

The forecast for the rest of the week is for sunshine...........

4. Re: I went up the Duomo campanile today....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 28, 2014