We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jaipur
Destination Expert
for Jaipur
reviews: 193
Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Hi,

I just searched the forum and saw only one posting made in sept 2012. Anymore recommendations for any half day cooking classes offered in Florence? Would love to attend one that is nice for non professionals (As in I am not a chef).

Grazie

Anu

Jaipur
Destination Expert
for Jaipur
1. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Ciao,

Any reco for a half day cooking classes offered in Florence? Would love to attend one that is nice for non professionals (As in I am not a chef).

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

greve-in-chianti.com/tuscancookinglessons.htm

Either at his country house or in an apartment in Florence.

Very good.

Jaipur
Destination Expert
for Jaipur
3. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Ths is the only one i saw on the forum with a 2011 posting. :))

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Cook Eat Italian do day and half day classes in Florence.

http://www.cookeatitalian.com

Things to check before booking a cooking class- Menu (there is more to Italian cooking than merely pasta), location, reviews here on TA, Class size (smaller is better if you really want to learn) and of course price.

Jaipur
Destination Expert
for Jaipur
5. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

Thanks hanna!!!

florida
reviews: 136
6. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

http://www.florencecookingclasses.com/ I have been looking at this one. I know you meet at florencetown but not sure where the actual class is held. I have tried emailing but no answer. I like that you go to the market first and then cook a three course meal. Price is good and the reviews were ok. Has anyone taken this class?

London
reviews: 2
7. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

If you can consider getting to the spa town of Bagni Di Lucca (Drive to Lucca and take SS12),we can recommend a lovely Italian lady that does not follow convention when it comes to teaching classes. Some of the ones above look too"Hollywood" or more to the point far too polished.

I do agree that the smaller the group the better. Mama Gabriella rarely has more than 3 people and if your going midweek you'll get this amazing experience to yourself

Last time we went was a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's her email

mama.gabriella.toscana@gmail.com

Regards

John

florida
reviews: 136
8. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

I did the cooking class with Florencetown and it was a good class. I just got lost getting to class. The sign was very small and my directions from google were for driving not walking. Bad planning on my part. Good class if you want something educational as well as entertaining to do in Florence.

9. Re: Latest Recommendation for cooking classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 01, 2014