We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lutherville...
reviews: 8
Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

My husband and I are traveling to Italy for 10 days beginning with Easter weekend. We will be spending T-Th in Florence. Can I get your advice on my ideas below? Thanks!

Tues - arrive on morning train from Rome (by 10?), drop bags at hotel - near Santa Maria Novella, walk to the Mercato Centrale for a bite and some people-watching, walk to the Accademia for a peek at David, leisurely walk toward the Uffizi listening to Rick Steve's "Renaissance Walk" and eating gelato, Uffizi at 4:00, and Palazzo Vecchio in the early evening.

Wed - Walkabout tour to Cinque Terra, return by dinner

Thurs - Duomo by 8:30, climb dome, explore the Duomo and associated sites, snack or lunch, Galileo museum - husband is an astonomer - this is not negotiable :) grab a gelato and take the train to Naples.

Any advice, favorite restaurants, must-dos are welcome. Thanks!

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 18
1. Re: Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

You might want to look into doing the Terraces Tour in conjunction with climbing the dome. I did not do this but from what I read you may be able to by pass a long line.

…duomo.waf.it/tour_dett/2-sightseeing/8078-g…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,402
2. Re: Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

Hello 1TeacherOnTheGo

I would personally spend all three days in Florence but this sounds like a decent way to spent your time to me. A couple of our very favorites are missing from your list of things to do/see. ;-) Here they are if interested.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i28558-Florence…

You should easily be able to spend a bit of time in the Piazza della Signoria area to admire the outdoor statues. Also, your husband has good taste. The Galileo museum is superb.

Have a nice time in Florence.

Lutherville...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

Thanks so much for your list BradJill. I do imagine we will be spending some time at Piazza della Signoria and we will be aiming for Piazzale Michelangelo if the timing with our train to Naples works out correctly. I'd love to be there for sunset...

Thanks again!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,402
4. Re: Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

No problem. Hope you enjoy Florence and Tuscany...... beautiful location!

5. Re: Itinerary help? Two days in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 22, 2014