We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment rental

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dhahran
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Apartment rental

We are a family of four, will be renting a place in Florence for a few days. This is what I have so far, please help me choose:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p943054

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p376834

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Apartment rental

Well the first apartment looks a little better decorated etc. but it is in a very busy, noisy and touristy place. The second apartment is in one of my favourite parts of Florence (I stayed on that very street last year). It is much quieter, with fewer tourists, more locals, decent restaurants, nice wine bars. So based on location alone, I would go for the second one.

Dhahran
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Apartment rental

Thank you. We do want to avoid busy places, but still be close to the main sights for our first trip to Florence.

Dhahran
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Apartment rental

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1000484#map

I have one more. Is this also in a very busy area?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Apartment rental

Not quite as bad as staying where the actual market is, but it is the same area as the first one you were considering. I have also stayed on this street and found it very noisy at night from the street cleaning machines. Mind you our apartment faced out onto the street, if this one is in the back, then it probably wouldn't be so much of a problem.

5. Re: Apartment rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 07, 2014