We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence and Tuscany

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 2
Florence and Tuscany

I have about 7 days to spend in this region. I hope to include a day trip to Cinque Terre, also visit the following Lucca, Sienna, San Gimgiano, Chianti and Montepulicano region as well as Florence. Any suggestions for Itinerary and should we stay in Florence, for a few evenings, then in southern tuscany for a few more. We will be doing this in September and plan on traveling to Florence via train from Parma, We are open to renting a car after visiting Florence. Our plan is to go to Sorrento after leaving this area.

Thanks for help.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 21
11. Re: Florence and Tuscany

Trying to visit Pisa and Lucca as a day trip from Florence is a bit hectic. Trying to visit Siena (which merits a whole day by itself) and San Gimignano is even more so. Then throwing in a day trip to the Cinque Terre, and trying to "see" Florence in a day and a half, and it just is too, too much.

I wouldn't go to the Cinque Terre unless I could spend at least two nights. I've been there twice for the day, once when we were staying in the Maremma area, and once when we were visiting Elba. Both times, which were both in the off season, the towns were way too crowded for my comfort level. I've heard that the crowds are mostly day trippers, so if I could spend at least two nights, I'd have a chance to to see the towns when they're not sinking under the weight of tourists, and also time to do a little hiking on some of the less frequented trails. I'm pretty sure that on a day trip, you'd be sticking to the more crowded trails. However, since I've never spent a night there, I am saying this based on hearsay. I just know I wouldn't be interested in a day trip from Florence.

12. Re: Florence and Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014