We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

right destination?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham england
reviews: 13
right destination?

my friend and myself are looking at a 3 night break at the very end of November. We like to do Christmas shopping and the main sights. Is Florence all museums or are there other things to see and do, and will there be Christmas markets to visit. Will the city be very festive? I do museums for a few hours then have had enough. Help my friend is really keen .

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,122
1. Re: right destination?

If Christmas markets are important you might need to do some research on destinations that will have markets up and running towards the end of November. I believe most start in early December so you do run risk of being a bit early. Hopefully the local experts can comment on when such markets begin in Florence.

Best of luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
2. Re: right destination?

The lights go on and the tree outside Il Duomo is put up around 8th December. There is a Christmas market in Piazza Santa Croce every year but I personally don't reckon it's up to much. That aside, as I've posted before, I reckon Florence (and southern Tuscany in general) makes a great Christmas shopping destination. You won't hit the formal sales but unless the economy picks up a lot (which, unfortunately, is unlikely), you should find quite a few special offers / discounts too in the shops. That was certainly the case this year in the run up to Christmas as stores worked extra hard to tempt Italian shoppers to spend.

London, United...
3. Re: right destination?

Of course, Florence is the second best city of tourism and art.

Surely you will not get bored, the city is also full of amusement

Firenze
reviews: 26
4. Re: right destination?

All my guests this year were amazed by the xmas lights and decor, and before xmas apart from the bigger Santa Croce market there are plenty of markets on weekends, and there is always a lot going on.

Florence is a great destination for a short break.

5. Re: right destination?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 25, 2014