We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find a particular restaurant...

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Can't find a particular restaurant...

I saw a restaurant outside of Florence on tripadvisor. I now can not find it and I want to hold my wedding reception there! Can you help me? All I remember is that it had outdoor patio seating over looking the hillsides and a medieval village. The front of the building had two entrances - one to the inside of the restaurant and one through the large iron gate into the garden. The entrance to the inside was flanked by tall potted trees and two circular medallions up high, one on either side of the door, that depicted a Romanesque horse head. The entrance to the garden was flanked by very large lanterns atop pedistools. I read that the history of the place was a stop for horsemen enroute to Rome along the road that traveled from florence. For the life of me I can not find it again, can't remember the name of the place nor town and can not find it on this site. Help!

Florence
reviews: 36
1. Re: Can't find a particular restaurant...

How about deleting one of the two posts you made with the identical question?

reviews: 5
2. Re: Can't find a particular restaurant...

Very insightful. Thank you.

Uk
reviews: 24
3. Re: Can't find a particular restaurant...

Did you have any luck finding your restuarant? If not, I can suggest using Palazzo Budini Gattai which is actually in Florence instead. We held our wedding reception there last May, and at that time of year it's ideal as they have a garden with lots of Azaleas which were in full bloom. It may also save you problems with transporting all your guests around too as you can walk there from the city center.

UK
4. Re: Can't find a particular restaurant...

Don't know what it's called, but there is a place which (mostly) fits your description in Fiesole which is a little town about 10 miles from Florence.

5. Re: Can't find a particular restaurant...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014