We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Siena

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 208
Bus to Siena

Greetings.

This might sound silly, but I'm planning to take the bus to Siena and I'm wondering if I'm leaving from the bus station in Florence... how will you know which bus to board? Will the Bus say "siena" or will you just look for a sign?

I guess the same question when leaving Piazza Gramsci in Siena for florence... how do you know which bus?

Grazie.

Watertown, MA
reviews: 12
1. Re: Bus to Siena

I don't believe there is ever a "silly" question : )

you will be able to see the designation of the bus on the front of the bus (electronic display, if I remember)

Departing from Siena there are display boards that shows what numbered parking spot the Florence bus will depart from.

No worries and enjoy Siena!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
2. Re: Bus to Siena

VTjedi,

Note that the bus in Siena will say 'Firenze'.

South Australia
reviews: 12
3. Re: Bus to Siena

Bus times www.busfox.com/timetable

Pinehurst, North...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Bus to Siena

Interesting reading this because we are using Florence as a base and want to bus to several towns in Tuscany, particularly Siena and Lucca. En route to these, is it possible to get off bus and visit a town along the way and catch bus to Sienna or Lucca later and then return directly to Florence?

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
5. Re: Bus to Siena

Tickets are timed so you would probably have to buy point to point tickets for your intermediate stops.

TAB

Edited: 1:22 pm, January 21, 2013
Adelaide
reviews: 3
6. Re: Bus to Siena

for Chris P

Buses can be a bit tricky when trying to get around to smaller towns in Tuscany because the buses service either Florence region or Siena region and don't cross over and are mainly for locals getting to and from work/school, with the timetables reflecting this. The bus to Siena from Florence is either the rapida that dosen't stop or the slower one that stops at a few places that may not be especially appealing. I take a train to Lucca from Florence as it is quicker.

7. Re: Bus to Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 23, 2014