We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Passage Tour

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amelia Island...
reviews: 47
Secret Passage Tour

Is there a Medici family "Secret Passage" tour in Florence?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Secret Passage Tour

There is the secret passages tour of the Palazzo Vecchio if that is what you mean.

Florence, Italy
2. Re: Secret Passage Tour

Here you go:

www.palazzovecchio-familymuseum.it/?p=239

Amelia Island...
3. Re: Secret Passage Tour

We have reserved a tour for a Sunday in May. Thanks everyone for the info. Does anyone know where we should go to get started? The reservation e-mail says to go to "the Info Point of the palace". Google Maps shows the beautiful Piazza della Signoria with lots of people milling about. We plan to join them soon and just need some guidance. The eateries all look inviting.

Florence, Italy
4. Re: Secret Passage Tour

Enter Palazzo Vecchio from Piazza della Signoria, stop to get a load of that beautiful courtyard (the oldest in the palazzo!) with its playful "Putto & Dolphin" fountain (the original bronze by Giambologna's upstairs. Not always visible but that's ok - you'll get the idea)... Oops! I digressed!

Walk through the courtyard. In the far right corner of the second "court" you'll find the ticket office and Info Point. Easy!

Don't be tempted by the eateries in Piazza Signoria. The food is blah at best, and the prices? Fooey! There *are* good eateries in the center - they're really not all tourist traps. But in Piazza Signoria... not so much.

Amelia Island...
5. Re: Secret Passage Tour

Thanks EugeneM for the details and the warning about the piazza eateries. I am already looking for "out of the way" places to eat once we complete the Secret Passages tour. I must have a "lampredotto" sandwich while in Florence. My wife is a bit skeptical but I am willing to try it. (I blame David Rocco's cooking show).

Florence, Italy
6. Re: Secret Passage Tour

Lampredotto is basically "street food", like hot dogs and pretzels in my home town, New York. Do you want hte real thing? Go to the stand on Via de' Macci, just off Piazza Sant'Ambrogio (a great neighborhood!). That's your place!

Florence, Italy
7. Re: Secret Passage Tour

Lampredotto is basically "street food", like hot dogs and pretzels in my home town, New York. Do you want the real thing? Go to the stand on Via de' Macci, just off Piazza Sant'Ambrogio (a great neighborhood!). That's your place!

Edited: 3:31 pm, March 21, 2013
8. Re: Secret Passage Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 23, 2014