We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Taxi Excursions from Port

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Private Taxi Excursions from Port

Hello Everyone,

I will be traveling with a group of 8 friends and I have been looking into the cost of private excursions in the different ports that we will be visiting. The price for a private excursion has ranged from

500 - 550 euro for 8 pax with English speaking driver/guide.

I wanted to know if anyone has hired a 8 pax van/limo driver/guide that are waiting for you right outside the port when you 1st get off the ship to start your visit? Is the price about the same or much lower than 500 - 550 euro and what was your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Calvin

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Private Taxi Excursions from Port

If you're referring to Livorno Port, among others, only a few licensed drivers can drive right up to the ship. One known to me is Giovanni Sirabella http://www.sunflower-tours.com/ The prices you cite are likely the lower end of the range for a minibus with driver for 8 people for less and probably it will cost you more.

2. Re: Private Taxi Excursions from Port

Hello tuscan,

I have received many quotes from taxi/tour companies. I was considering the taxi drivers that are normally outside the gate when you get off the ship and they are all lined up waiting to take you into town. There is always someone that's is ready to take a group in a 8+ pax/limo to an excursion that's being offered by the tour companies or ship excursions.

Calvin

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Private Taxi Excursions from Port

OK, I think I understand your question. So some tour drivers come right up to the gangplank so you don't need a taxi to take you to where they leave from e.g. Giovanni Sirabella. Ordinary taxis run on the meter and the number of people, so the price will depend on the distance. But since the distance will be just a few km to where the other tours leave from, the price will be, as you guess, much less than the cost of an all day tour, probably one tenth the price.

4. Re: Private Taxi Excursions from Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 09, 2014