We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ulverston, United...
reviews: 5
One Day in Florence

We are staying in Lucca for 4 days and are travelling to Florence by train for one day. My husband and I have already been to Florence and loved it, but this time our daughter and her partner are with us and would like to see Florence and then come back another year and see more.

The advice I need is, I thought we could take them to that beautiful view overlooking Florence, which I think is called Piazzali Michelangelo, then onto the Duomo and then to the Ponte Vecchio Bridge. I m afraid we have no time for Museums and Galleries this time. I wondered if there is a tourist bus or some form of transport at the train station that would take us up to the view and then bring us back to the Duomo.

I m would be grateful for any help you can give me.

Barbara

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 52
1. Re: One Day in Florence

The number 12 and 13 buses go up there from the station, albeit by quite roundabout routes. If you want to take the bus back down, you'd probably have to stay on it back down to the station and then walk from there to the Duomo (less than 10 mins walk). It would probably be simpler to take the bus up there and then walk back down, going over the Ponte Vecchio and then on to the Duomo.

Ulverston, United...
2. Re: One Day in Florence

Thank you for your reply Peggypatch.

My husband has a chest problem so he finds walking too far a little difficult. I wonder would there be taxis outside the station and have you any idea how much they cost for that distance.

Thanks for your help.

Barbara

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 52
3. Re: One Day in Florence

There will certainly be taxis at the station. I'm not sure how much they would charge to go up there, I'd guess somewhere around 10 euros, but that is just a guess.

Ulverston, United...
4. Re: One Day in Florence

Thanks again Peggypatch We will ask when we get there.

Barbara

5. Re: One Day in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 08, 2014