We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Madrid

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florence, Italy
Florence to Madrid

I would love to head into Madrid Spain while I am in Florence for a month. I need help finding the best way possible to get into Madrid hopefully avoiding expensive plane flights. Are there any trains that get me to Madrid from Florence?

Florence, Italy
1. Re: Florence to Madrid

Fly!

I just did a quick search on trenitalia.it - nada! And even if there were a train, it would take forever and it wouldn't be cheap. From Florence or Pisa you should find lots of low-cost flights.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 43
2. Re: Florence to Madrid

Fly...the train trip would be torture...

London, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Florence to Madrid

I would fly and you could use the low cost carrier Vueling. The website is www.vueling.com and they go from Florence to Madrid.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
4. Re: Florence to Madrid

You can also fly Ryanair from Pisa to Madrid. Pisa Airport is only 30 minutes or so further from Florence than Florence Airport, and the cost to get there is almost the same.

Look at baggage dimensions, weights and charges for both airlines very carefully before booking. Vueling's are probably slightly better.

Florence, Italy
5. Re: Florence to Madrid

thanks! that sounds great, BUT i am traveling around with a big suitcase, which means i would have to pay the most to travel with it :/ . Is there anywhere in Florence that can hold bags for a couple of days? Is there this kind of service here? If there isnt, is there any way possible to get to Madrid just through train? i'd run the extra hassle of traveling through train if i have to lugg around my bag

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Florence to Madrid

Leave your luggage at SMN. Left Luggage is on Track 16...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
7. Re: Florence to Madrid

It is almost 1700 km from Florence to Madrid, and there is no direct or fast train line.

Vancouver, Canada
8. Re: Florence to Madrid

NIck is right....don't even THINK about the train.

Florence, Italy
9. Re: Florence to Madrid

Ok great. I will go to SMN and ask about leaving luggage there. Thank you!

Florence, Italy
10. Re: Florence to Madrid

If you're not planning to spend much time in Madrid, why take a huge suitcase? In any case, you can ship it there at low cost through the post office. It's a little known service that the Poste Italiane provides for traveling tourists. Go to the post office and ask about it in person because the info isn't on the website.