We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

Hi,

Me and my 11 friends are planning to visit Firenze this Wednesday. We have planned to see many outdoor landmarks, such as top of Duomo Tower and sunset at Piazza Michelangelo, but the recent weather forecast shows a rain possibility. Does anyone has any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

You have no interest at all in any of the world class art in Florence? That's what I would be doing.

reviews: 3
2. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

Yes! We have planned to visit Uffizi, early in the morning. But one gallery would be more than enough to satisfy our art interest, which led us wondering for other landmarks to visit afterwards.

Florence, Italy
3. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

You can still climb the cupola and/or bell tower of the duomo even if it rains. Just be prepared and take a poncho with you.

There are tons of things to do, too many to even begin to list! Your dilemma isn't what to do if it rains - it's what not to do!

England, United...
reviews: 20
4. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

"for other landmarks to visit afterwards".....

The whole of Florence is made up of so many landmarks that (as Eugene M says) your dilemma will be what not to see.

Galleria dell'Accademia - Academy Gallery - MichelAngelo's Statue of David etc.

(This is not in the Uffizi as some people believe)

Museo di San Marco - the frescoes of Fra Angelico

Church of Santa Maria del Carmine - Brancacci Chapel

Church of Santa Maria Novella

Museo dell'Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore

Wherever you walk in this beautiful city, you will find works of art on every street corner - don't forget to look up as well as in front of you.

Edited: 6:56 pm, December 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 5
5. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

I would also recommend the Mercato Centrale (Central Market). This is all undercover and full of good food.

Florence, Italy
6. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

Interesting, I'm going to visit Florence in a couple of weeks.

I hope it will be sunny, but maybe you could be interested in visiting a castle or villa:

https:/…

Or going to San Miniato in Monte; one of the great Florence view

Auckland, New...
reviews: 57
7. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

On my first trip to Florence we climbed to the cupola of the Duomo on an overcast day in mid April. By the time we got to the top it was raining very slightly, but we had the whole place to ourselves. Despite the cloud the view was still pretty great!

On my second trip to Florence I climbed to the cupola on a beautiful sunny February morning. Despite the freezing wind at ground level, it was pleasantly warm at the top! However, there were many people and it was quite crowded. The view, though, was absolutely amazing - the clear day meant I could see as far as the hills.

One of my favourite things in Florence do not miss no matter what the weather!

8. Re: What to See in Firenze on a Rainy Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 30, 2013