We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amman, Jordan
Christmas Dinner in Florence

We will be a party of four in Florence for Christmas dinner and we're wondering if anyone has any ideas on a family oriented place that is open. We have a little guy that is 14 months old so that adds another challenging dimension. Thanks for your help!

Florence
reviews: 36
1. Re: Christmas Dinner in Florence

Italians are used to babies in restaurants. It's a very common thing for people to bring their children of all ages to restaurants at all hours of the day and night.

I have never, ever seen the term "family restaurant" in Italy - they all are.

Many if not most restaurants are closed on Christmas. I don't know any that are open that I would recommend. It may be safest to go to one of the larger hotels for Christmas dinner - but we never eat out on Christmas, so I may be unaware of great opportunities. Perhaps somebody else knows better. Good luck.

Florence, Italy
2. Re: Christmas Dinner in Florence

Don't go to a hotel for Christmas dinner. As fancy, exclusive or whatever it can be, it'll always be cold and anonymous. Who wants that for Christmas?

One of our favorites in Florence, Bracerie Mangiafuoco at Via Guelfa 22/r, will be open on Christmas Day, serving from their really delicious regular menu. We were there tonight - owner Daniela Sorice told me they'll be open for lunch and dinner throughout the holidays. She's a sweety and so is her sister, Rosita, in the kitchen. It's small, it's friendly and real. Say hi from me if you go. Reservations are a good idea!

3. Re: Christmas Dinner in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013