We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belvedere Museum & Gallery

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
Destination Expert
for Florence
reviews: 35
Belvedere Museum & Gallery

I have just been reading Mary Macarthy's excellent 'Stones of Florence' and she makes several references to the Belvedere Museum and Picture Gallery.

I never see it mentioned in guides. Is it worth a visit?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Belvedere Museum & Gallery

Last time I looked into this, I found that it was not open to the public at the moment, maybe for restoration, I don't remember clearly. I don't know if anyone else has an update on this? I think they sometimes hold private or special events there. I have it in my mind that there was a tragic accident there in recent times, a woman who fell from the walls I think.

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
2. Re: Belvedere Museum & Gallery

You remember correctly, Peggy. A few summers ago, a young woman, leaning on a railing? fell to her death at some soiree. She wasn't drunk/otherwise impaired, which scared many many people. We can't remember when that was ... 2009? 10?

You can still walk around it, especially if you do the glorious Boboli-Giardino Bardini walk. And that's worth it -- we find -- all by its lonesome, seen from the outside.

Pericoloso, depending upon how long you and la Principessa stay: you could always visit Fortezza da Basso when Pitti Uomo happens ... there's a nice Medici fortress for you.

3. Re: Belvedere Museum & Gallery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, December 17, 2013