We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paxos, Greece
reviews: 83
Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

Hi all.

Ok here we go with a well worn topic on parking in Florence. Need some advice please for anyone in the know.

We are in Florence for 5 days over New Years eve (28/12 to 2/1) & we have no choice but to bring our car as we are travelling from Greece & stopping in Rome etc.

I have read all the posts & also a good one on Lonely Planet but still not 100% sure what to do.

I have a price of 125€ for 5 days in secure garage parking one street from where we're staying, but my question is:

Is there a cheaper hassle free way of parking out of town for 5 days (maybe park & ride or something) & then getting a tram into Central Florence (we are staying on Via Ghibellina near Santa Croce) We wont need the car whilst in Florence but there will be 5 of us with luggage but some are kids so not as if we can split the cost.

Seeing as its New Years eve (& I know how busy it can be as have been before) would you advise to "bite the bullet" & pay for the parking & have some peace of mind??

Any advice would be much appreciated

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

Obviously don't know the garage but that rate you've been quoted of Euros 125 for 5 days doesn't sound bad to me. I thought the going rate in the city centre these days was between Euros 35 / 40 a day so you've got a good deal. Bear in mind public transport will be impacted by the public holidays. Also, although street crime isn't usually that big an issue, there are extensive celebrations in Florence over New Year so you might prefer to have the vehicle off the street somewhere safe.

Bedford, United...
reviews: 50
2. Re: Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

I don't think you will get much cheaper garage parking anywhere, so I would go for it BUT you need to be extremely careful about getting there. It looks as if you have done some research on the matter, but make sure that you have read

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c140065/Tusca…

UK
3. Re: Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

Also MAKE SURE the garage keep yur car actually IN the garage and not stick it out on the street or you run a SEVERE risk of being ticketed, and if you are driving to your accommodation, notify the traffic authorities of your registration and obtain temporary permission to drive in the ZTL.

Paxos, Greece
reviews: 83
4. Re: Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

Thanks for all this everyone

Booked the bloody car park in the end otherwise I will just spend NYE worrying about people dancing on the bonnet of the car!!

Cheers again

5. Re: Parking for 5 days in Florence with own car (UK registered)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 17, 2013