We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
reviews: 58
How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Hi I have a problem with my iphone and I need to go to the Apple Store located in Centro Commerciale I Gigli. I'm at Florence center but I don't know how to get there. Is there any bus that I can take? how about taxi? is is close to the city center?

Thaks

Florence
reviews: 36
1. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Gigli is a shopping center in the unappetizing suburbs of Florence between Sesto Fiorentino and Prato. It is nowhere near the city center.

The Apple store is on the ground floor at one end of the building.

Gigli's website is www.igigli.it/accessibile/index.php?lnk=3

I think the best way to get there may well be to take one of the many trains from the main Florence railroad station ("Firenze SMN") to Prato and then take a taxi from Prato to Gigli.

Somebody else may know how to do it better.

firenze
reviews: 86
2. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

I disagree....Actually the best way is to get the bus #35 from the central trait station ( check the location of the bus there beccare it is changing often, but the best things is to go at the stop in via Alamanni , so you are pretty sure to take the right way), the you gte off the stop at the church of San Donnino and then the connecting bus #303, this service is created just to reach i Gigli.....

San Jose
reviews: 58
3. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Thanks both of you. How long do you estimate it will take to go there?

Florence
4. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

The train to Prato won't take more than about 10 minutes, and the taxi to Gigli should be about the same.

firenze
5. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

In my experience the taxi from Prato should take non less than 30 minutes and it would cost about 20 euros, the bus 35 and 303 will bring you there in one hour totally but with 1, 20 for the 90 minutes lasting ticket....

firenze
6. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

I meant 1euro and 20 cents for one ticket which is enough for the journey to Gigli....

Florence
7. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

I've driven from central Prato to Gigli. It's 10 km, and it didn't take me anything like a half hour.

I also have some experience taking buses in places I don't know, and while I regularly recommend that people take ATAF buses in and around the historic center of Florence and to traditional tourist destinations, like Fiesole, I'd be a little reluctant to recommend that somebody who doesn't know the area, the language, the system, etc., hop on buses going into the relatively distant suburbs on routes that require changes.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava
8. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Hi,

I have to go to this shopping centre this Sunday and I need some help.

I saw on ATAF site that bus 303 doesn't operate on Sunday and that the only way is bus number 2 until Ponte Alla Marina 01 stop. From there I should walk to I gigli, it's about 1,5 km. Is it doable? I don't mind walking, but I want to be sure that it is safe walking along those roads.

Thanks!

Florence
9. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

I wouldn't dream of walking on the roads around i gigli.

They have no "pavements" or "sidewalks". They are narrow, nasty, twisty little roads with lots of overpasses and underpasses, and everybody driving on them is in a desperate hurry to get to some place to spend money.

Also, do make sure that this is a Sunday when I Gigli are open - as I remember they are only open on occasional Sundays.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava
10. Re: How to arrive to Centro Commerciale I Gigli

Thank you for your answer Uncletomaso.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!