We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Florence

HI i will be staying at Florence for 2 nights

Need help on:

where to go is a must siteseeing,

foods must try,

shopping,

hotel to stay which is near train/ rail way station.

Florence shopping at Space Outlets, how can i get there?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 52
1. Re: Florence

With only two nights you don't have enough time to see all the usual 'must-sees' you need to get a decent guide book and see what appeals to you. We can then help with fine tuning your itinerary. The centre of Florence is very small, you don't need to stay near the train station, anywhere in the historic centre is very accessible to the sights. Good shopping is everywhere. It seems a shame when you have so little time in Florence to spend a day going to the outlets, which I think are disappointing, outsize and out of season goods in the main. However, if it is a must for you there is an FAQ to the right on Designer Outlet Shopping.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,394
2. Re: Florence

You might want to have a read through this similar active thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k55002…

Your time is limited so choose wisely when picking the attractions you want to see. ;-)

Have a nice trip to Florence.

Bensville NSW
reviews: 6
3. Re: Florence

Just returned end May 2013. Depends on what you want to see. We did a day trip to San Gimignano,Siena and Chianti winery for lunch. We thought great value at 55 euros. Others were mostly minimum 70 euros. But we were happy with our trip. We felt we had enough time in each town and enjoyed the lunch & winery tour. If you have more time it would be nice to spend a day in each town but we were still happy with this day trip.

Great pizza at a restaurant next to Universo Hotel in Santa Maria Novella Piazza and enjoyed fabulous dinner at Cafe de Pitti across from Palace de Pitti near Ponte Vecchio. I highly recommend the Tuscan Chicken. delicious!! Palace de Pitti was an interesting place to visit also with beautiful gardens. To look around takes at least a couple of hours. Advise getting the audio guide.

Edited: 9:01 am, June 20, 2013
new york
reviews: 9
4. Re: Florence

Could you please tell me the name of that tour that was 55 E? ty

Beirut, Lebanon
reviews: 12
5. Re: Florence

hi Michelle . 2 days are not enough in Florence . 4 days would have been better to well enjoy Tuscany . anyway , I suggest this itinerary :

day one

take the bus to Palazzio Pitti (te bus stop is 5 minutes away from the palace) . t's a very beautiful palace with a lovely interior , especially the royal apartments which the least to say about them is " marvelous " . the palace Florentine-style gardens are worth a see and you will enjoy Florence from a different angle . try to give three hrs to see the palace and the gardens .

when you leave the gardens go straight to the Ponte Vechio bridge . as for the directions , it's a one straight way from palazzio pitti . max 10 minutes and you'll be there . cross the Ponte Vechio (historic bridge) and turn right to Piazz Della Signoria ( ask for the directions , it's only 5 minutes away) . you will pass by the Galleria Uffizi and then the Piazza . the Piazza is gorgeous and full of historical monuments and centered by the Palazzio Vechio . no need to see the palace . just have a look on the wall paintings on the ground floor ( it's for free) which is worth a see . very artistic and profound .

from piazza della Signoria turn right t Santa Groce church . the way is stuffed with leather shops and souvenirs . from there you continue to the Duomo , main cathedral which is a masterpiece . max 10 minutes away . don't ever miss climbing the steps to the Dome roof of the duomo . the view from the top is breathtaking .

close to the duomo is Piazza della Repubblica , a pleasant place full of cafes and restaurants .

just make sure to be in Piazza Michaelangelo one hour before the sunset . bus line 12 takes you directly to the piazza . the experience of his piazza is more than marvelous .

I know the schedule sounds very busy , but given that you have only two days I count on your starting as early as you can .

day two . I recommend an early day trip to Sienna . one hour away from Florence . a gorgeous experience to see the chianti region . if you choose so I would be more than happy to suggest your schedule there .

back to Florence , you choose between Galleria Uffizzi or Galleria del'Accademia . both worth to see . a pity not to dedicate a long time to each , but again we remember that it's only a 2 days in Florence .

Bensville NSW
6. Re: Florence

Sorry for late reply. I seem to have missed the email to prompt me., I don't seem to have kept that information. However, it was on a brochure that was a map of Florence that had all manner of trips advertised on it. It's probably the same map in most hotels. Our map was on the desk at Hotel Rosso23. Perhaps you could email them if you want to know. Not sure if you're thinking about booking in advance, we just booked the day before with no problem. If I find the info ill get back to you

London, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Florence

I wouldn't worry about having so little time - this is my second trip to Florence, I have over a week to see things this time and still I feel there is too much to see because the city is so rammed with amazing sights. I'd suggest the Duomo, going to see the sculpture of David (book online for a small fee to avoid the crowds), Ponte Vecchio and Palazza Michelangelo for panoramic views. I adore the ribolita, a thick bean soup but find somewhere with air conditioning to eat it as it is filling in the heat! Gelato - in every flavour, obviously. I personally am not big into shopping so can't comment on the malls and agree with the comment above that it seems such a shame to spend one day there when there is so much history in Florence. If you have another stop in Italy, e.g. Milan, shopping might be a better idea there? Have a great trip and if you feel you've run out of time, you can always promise to come back.

Jo

www.indianajo.com

Bensville NSW
8. Re: Florence

Forgot to mention that we have stayed twice at HotelRosso23. Gorgeous hotel 5 mins walk from main train station. We stayed both times in a Double Superior Room overlooking the Piazza Santa Maria Novella. Our room both times was on 4 th floor, which we had no issue with noise from the Piazza. You can hear noise but its only people having fun, not louts or traffic.

9. Re: Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2014