We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another car rental in Florence Question

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgeport...
reviews: 6
Another car rental in Florence Question

We don't want to drive in the city, but have found a Hertz location on the other side of the river on Via Del Sansovino. Will it be hard to navigate away from the city from there? Or are we better off going to the airport?

Does Florence have a rush hour?

Thanks much!

reviews: 30
1. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

You don't state where you are headed. Map your itinerary with viamichelin.com. Florence has rush hours as any other city, but the traffic is made difficult at all times by the maze of one-direction streets.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
2. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

I always prefer to get the bus out to the airport and pick up a car there, that way you come straight out onto the motorway - much less stressful! However, as the airport is closed at the moment there have been some questions about whether the car rental places are still open there. On a previous thread on this subject someone who had a made a booking some time ago aid that the car rental firm said to still go to the airport to pick up, but if you decide you would rather pick up at the airport, perhaps it would be worth posting a question on the this forum asking if anyone knows for definate whether they are open or not.

Bridgeport...
3. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

Thanks. I am taking a day trip, going to go down to Siena by the scenic route, stop at San Gimignano and take autostrad on the way back. As it will be a full day, I want to leave fairly early.

4. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

It's on the west wheras in order to reach san Gimignano you need the south exit. So it means it's not difficult to exit Florence from Via del Sansovino, but according to viamichelin it's a bit complicated to negotiate the different conjunctions. The Via Erbosa location sounds better on the map. If its hours suit you, I would choose that one over Via del Sansovino.

Enjoy!

Bridgeport...
5. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

Thanks much.

I am actually going to Siena and then returning via San Gimignano, but this location looks much more convenient.

If we are going to try to miss rush hour, should we try to get out early (theyopen at 8:30) or wait until after 9:30?

6. Re: Another car rental in Florence Question

Since rush hour is going to be towards Florence and not away from it, I don't think it makes much difference.