We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Siena bus schedule

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle, WA
reviews: 2
Florence to Siena bus schedule

I am having a hard time finding the sita bus schedule -

How often does the bus run from Florence - Siena?

We will be coming from Venice by train (in June) and want to try to coordinate timing. Do we need to purchase tickets ahead of time - or just when we arrive by train.

Or - would it be easier to just stay on train and get taxi to B&B in Siena from station?

Obviously...I'm a 1st timer...thanks for your help

32 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
1. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

the bus runs a couple of times an hour -- you can pick up a ticket at the bus station or any Tabak

if it is very convenient to just stay on the train to Siena that would make sense (I don't know if the train from Venice proceeds to Siena -- if you have to change trains you might as well walk across the street and take the bus which lands you right in town in Siena

seattle, WA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

that's just the info I was looking for - thanks so much.

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 12
3. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

There are two buses from Florence to Siena, one is direct with no stops (Rapide) and the other makes a couple of stops (Ordinarie).

Schedule is here:

sitabus.it/sita-toscana/Firenze-Siena2010.pdf

TAB

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
4. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

I notice that there are some symbols on the right side of the schedule. Is it possible that there is a reduced schedule on Saturdays? We are traveling by bus from Florence to Siena and I am having trouble finding an english schedule to determine if the schedule is reduced on the weekends. Is there a need to buy tickets in advance? Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 13
5. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

I was also looking for this information, so thank you! I was looking at the sena.it website, but for some reason it isn't showing any buses on May 8, the day we are leaving Siena -- not sure what I was doing wrong.

My group is traveling from Siena to Milan. We are staying at Piazza Gramsci, so I was thinking it might be easiest to take a bus from Siena to Florence and then take the train from Florence to Milan. I can book a mini fare on trenitalia for 155E.

Any suggestions for a better route? Am I correct in my recollection that the bus station in Florence is very close to S.M.N.?

Thank you so much for your help!

Irvine, California
6. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

I have similar questions, how do you read the schedule and also where is the SITA bus station in Florence? Is it necessary to book in advance for a ticket or do you just show up?

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 13
7. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

Just got back! We bought the tickets in Siena for the rapide to Florence (Firenze) and hopped on the bus in Piazza Gramsci -- couldn't have been easier. The Florence SITA station was the last stop, and you walk out of the bus station, turn left and walk across the street into the train station. It's right there. Bought tickets for the train to Milan from the machines with no problem and got right on.

On the bus schedule, the "partenza" shows the departure time from Gramsci, and the "arrivo" shows the arrival time at the Florence SITA station (last stop). Someone can give you a better translation or correct me if I'm missing something, but essentially the hammers are for weekdays Monday through Saturday, the cross is for holidays (which I assume includes Sundays), the A is for weekdays excluding Saturday, and the SAB is for Saturdays only.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
8. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

chyldzplay7,

These may help firenzeturismo.it/images/…oltre-firenze.pdf zoom in on the insert.

sitabus.it/sita-toscana/…20Siena.pdf The legend is in english

Just show up it is just a bus, no reservations..

Edited: 10:49 pm, May 14, 2012
Lunel
reviews: 100
9. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

thank you so much for that link I have been at it for hours trying to get just that information

great Sue

tuscany
10. Re: Florence to Siena bus schedule

You have to take SIENA RAPIDa , it every hour at 10 minutes ():10 am 10:10 am 11:10 am .... 2:10pm ) Bus station is just cross the road from train station . It takes 75 minutes and you arrive in the centre of Siena.

By train you arrive in Siena suburb and you have to catch a bus or a taxi to reach the centre of Siena. You buy the ticket directly at the bus station.

Reply to: Florence to Siena bus schedule
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted