We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amici degli Uffizi card

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 1
Amici degli Uffizi card

We're a family of 4. We'll be in Florence 4 days in March. Can we buy the Amici degli Uffizi card on Saturday we arrive? Is it a good value for family of 4 if we only plan to be in Florence for 4 days?

52 replies to this topic
Bedford, United...
reviews: 37
1. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Yes. You will need to go to the Uffizi with ID documents and fill in the forms. 100 euros for family card.

Whether it is good value depends on how many places yo intend to visit.

A few examples : Uffizi : 11 euros + 4 euros booking fee (otherwise you would have to queue for what could be a long time). Same for Accademia, although queues can be even longer.

that makes 30 euros for two adults, so you don't need to do too many other things to make it worthwhile

You might want to check out this article

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

Vancouver
reviews: 6
2. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

I bought the Amici card online. There was no voucher to print out, and I'm guessing I need to pick it up at the Uffizi Museum? If so, would I skip the line to pick it up? Probably not able get it at a tourist office like the Firenze card?

New York City, New...
reviews: 72
3. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

I bought an Amici degli Uffizi card online, sent the money paypal and have had no response from the Qffizi - not very friendly.

Anyone know how this works? Do they mail an actual card to my New York address?

Do i show my paypal receipt to the membership desk at the Uffizi?

Florence, Italy
4. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

MalnatiItaly - since there's no discount for kids who aren't EU residents, the Amici degli Uffizi is a great deal for you!

Whether you buy the card online or not, you'll have to go to the Amici degli Uffizi office to do the paperwork and claim the card. Be sure to have everyone's ID with you. The office is just inside Door #2, to the left as you enter. Door #2 is the entrance for visitors without reservations - consequently, if there's a line to get in, this is where you'll find it. Not to worry! Go to the head of the line and tell the guards that you're going to the Amici degli Uffizi office. You'll be on your way to experiencing one of the world's great art collections.

Membership to the Amici degli Uffizi gives you unlimited entrances to all the Polo Museale (state) venues and is good for a year, so there's an incentive to come back to Florence often (as if you need one)!

New York City, New...
reviews: 72
5. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Thank you , Eugene.

NJ
reviews: 2
6. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

I bought a family pass from Amici degli Uffizi on January 22 and received email confirmation from the museum on January 25.

The email gave me the option of either picking up the pass in person at the museum as mentioned above by Eugene M, or of having the pass posted to my home, provided I could wait 3+ weeks for delivery by mail.

I chose the latter option, and will report back on this thread if/when it arrives.

Florence, Italy
7. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

You're very welcome, 10027! And complimenti to all of you for joining the Amici degli Uffizi, a great organization. With your membership, you're helping to restore, maintain and preserve some of the most beautiful art in the world!

NJ
reviews: 2
8. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

I am very pleased to report that my Amici cards arrived in the mail today! This is only about 2 weeks after I purchased them online.

I am looking forward to my visit in May.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
9. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

I ordered mine in advance from home and it was sent to me in the US -- it didn't take long and we had them in hand.

with 4 people it is probably good value for even 4 days. the two of us bought them for a week visit -- being able to walk into Academia without reservations and ahead of all the lines as well as the Uffizi made it worthwhile. for us it was especially useful as we stayed across from the back entrance of the Boboli Gardens and could access them every day with it -- we walked through the gardens into town a couple of times -- the scenic route.

American kids do not get child entry fees in Italy so you are saving adult entry fees for them as well and for 4 people that will make it at least a break even deal.

Peripatetic
reviews: 6
10. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

In response to several posts above, a friend and I ordered two individual Amici degli Uffizi cards yesterday, paid by credit cards, and we both had very cordial responses from the Uffizi within hours, asking whether we wanted our cards mailed to our home or left to pick up at the museum. There was also a great deal of useful information in their emails.

So - I would say have no fear in proceeding with this transaction, although I'm sorry that one or two others seem to have had less satisfactory experiences. I actually proceeded based on the positive comments above, and was fortunate to have a positive result (no connection there, I'm sure).

Reply to: Amici degli Uffizi card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted