We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Florence, Italy

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, NC
reviews: 1
car rental in Florence, Italy

We will be arriving into Florence by train, and plan to rent a car to drive to our rural Chianti destination. Anyone know of a car rental location near the train depot/ thanks.

Maine, USA
reviews: 17
1. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

If you go to autoeurope.com and choose downtown as the pickup location it will give you several, most of which are near the train station. You can put the addresses in google maps to see the exact location. Make sure you get specific directions on the best way out of town to avoid the dreaded ZTL.

Dallas, NC
2. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Thank you - yes, I do know about the "dreaded ZTL" and will avoid !!

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 17
3. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

About 400 yards south of the SMN station there is a Hertz office on Via Maso Finiguerra. We've rented cars there several times. On a couple of occasions we've rented from AutoEurope and the car came from Hertz and we also picked it up at that location.

Dallas, NC
4. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Thank you - this helps!!

South Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Car rental rates www.auto-europe.com www.auto-europe.co.uk

www.viamichelin.com

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 55
6. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

We arrive next week. Rented through Hertz, they have a promo discount. Pick up location is on the Via del Sansovino, in the Oltrarno district but well away from ZTLs. ...Not sure how much it will cost be to taxi there from our florence hotel ;(...but will be able to jump on the A1 heading south towards Radda

Collingwood, Canada
reviews: 4
7. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Not sure if you will even see my question but here's hoping you do. we wil be renting with Auto Europe in Florence and when we google the Hertz car rental location to the train station we get 7 minute walk. you say it is 400 yards away? Can you help with my confusion, which one is it?

Thank you

Debra from Canada

Orange County, CA
reviews: 7
8. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Sorry to chime in late and freak out, but what is a ZTL and how do I avoid them? Or how can I be prepared to avoid them? We are renting from Hertz (dropping off in Pisa) in two weeks.

Orange County, CA
reviews: 7
9. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Just saw the FAQ on the right. Sorry to freak out.

Florence, Italy
reviews: 6
10. Re: car rental in Florence, Italy

Looking for a driver for touring that is English speaking in Florence, Italy. Does anyone have a recommendation for a limo service?