We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany rental cars--where to rent?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, ID
Tuscany rental cars--where to rent?

We are arriving into Tuscany from Venice via train in early October. Our first accommodation is near Chianti. We are then heading to Cinque Terre. We fly out of Pisa. Our intention is to rent a car with which to travel daily, then return at the Pisa airport.

1. What rental car agency is recommended?

2. Would it be most advisable to take the train from Venice to Pisa, rent the car at the Pisa airport, commence Tuscany visit, then return to Pisa airport prior to departure?

3. All suggestions are welcome

Thanks much!

Lake District
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tuscany rental cars--where to rent?

I would try www.autoeurope,com. They are an agency who deal with all the companies. Be careful about the amount of credit card 'deposit' you need to leave it varies enormously. I was given two quotes for the same car by autoeurope. One was from Avis who only require £220 security deposit and one from Europcar who demanded £1,100!

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
2. Re: Tuscany rental cars--where to rent?

I've always used AutoEurope and found them to be very good. I had a reservation for next month with Hertz but cancelled because AutoEurope had a much cheaper rate even though the car actually comes from Hertz!!!!

I usually rent in Florence for Tuscany. There are offices at the airport in Florence as well as on Via Maso Finiguerra, about 500 meters from Santa Maria Novella station. Where are you arriving at from Venice? In Florence? The drive into Chianti is only about 20-30 minutes from Florence.

We had to pay $111.00 up front.

jerryott@dtnspeed.net

Minneapolis
reviews: 1
3. Re: Tuscany rental cars--where to rent?

Hi Jerryott,

What is the car company in Florence (near the train station) that you recommend please. thank you!